Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hotkeys

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Hotkeys
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks, the good news is that i updated to fsuipc 3.9 and fs9 works ok
the bad news is that now PFE doesn't work AT ALL!

I clicked on the opening panel and nothing happens. I waited some minutes still nothing. So I decided to re install
But it now PFE won't reinstall. It says it has done but it hasn't. I deleted the registry keys and still the same. It won't reinstall !!!!!

I'm sorry to say that at this moment I am rather dissafected as the programme cost alot of money and I am seeing nothing but problems. My system is not the most cutting edge. In fact I would says it is straight forward. Nothing unusual has been done and up to now everything with FS9 has worked perfectly.

Why doesn't the programme reinstall when it says it has done so?

Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:37 pm
Site Admin

Well I'm sorry you're having so many problems. Updating FSUIPC cannot stop PFE from working.

Installing PFE is really very simple... updating it even simpler.

Why you are having installation issues I have no idea. What happens when you try to install? Are you installing into the same folder.... maybe try a different one.

Do also remember to turn off any security products you may have running.

I have PFE installed and running on XP 32, XP 64, Vista 32 and Vista 64

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:54 pm

now i can connect PFE to FS9 but where are the voices?
for example if I press hotkey0 after about 5 minutes I hear the copilot request clearance. Then after about one minute I hear him read back a clearance having not heard atc give him one! A little later I hear ATC say the readback is correct. In effect everything is out of sequence. How long do I have to wait to hear something if I press a hotkey? I would expect an immediate response not to have to wait 5 to 10 minutes. no error messages are being produced so I don't know why this happens. I have reinstalled 3 times rebuilt databases etc run the fix mentioned for a possible bad installation. What else is there to do??
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:46 am

Hi,

is your hardwareaccelaration set to BASIC in the soundtab of Dxdiag ?

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 pm

pasterke wrote:
Hi,

is your hardwareaccelaration set to BASIC in the soundtab of Dxdiag ?
No it's on maximum and all the sound tests work

Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:50 pm
Site Admin

Well try reducing it... try setting it to 'minimum' just to see if it makes any difference

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:26 pm

dmarch wrote:
Well try reducing it... try setting it to 'minimum' just to see if it makes any difference
It makes no difference!!

After initial contact to obtain clearance there is nothing!!! Only chatter. So I have to make my own way to the rwy and take off in my own time without permission. I receive no instructions whatsoever. No taxiing instructions, no taxiing directions, no frequency changes, no take off clearances no landing clearances nothing! On a flight from London to Torino there was no handover at all so I selected a departure frequency which i was still using when well over France. I still have to wait minutes between pressing a key and perhaps hearing anything. also I changed to a frequency and PFE advised me that i was on the wrong frequency even though I wasn't. It really does seem a rather hit and miss programme. Even though FS9 ATC is CRAP it at least responds immediately so the pilot knows where he is. I have no idea why the programme is so hit and miss. As said previously my system is not cutting edge but handles everything else in fs9 well with no problems. <shift>P 1/2 (pushback) no longer functions either. The only thing that "does" seem to work is the chatter!!!

Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 pm
Site Admin

Please email me the latest debug_monitor.log file from PFE\Logs

There must be something either amiss with your system or with what you are doing or not doing, because PFE works just fine and is very responsive.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:22 am
Site Admin

Thanks for sending the log... two things are quite evident... first you have a bad installation and second there is something strange with your regional settings.

To rectify the first please follow the instructions in the sticky post above entitle 'How to rectify a suspected bad installation'. When doing so please ensure you stop all other applications, including any security products you may have running. If you have already try this please try once more. If the problem persists please reinstall using the single download accumulative update (the link is in the stick post entitled 'PFE Manual Installation Instructions')

The second issue is very strange because there is no decimal separator shown in your frequencies. What regional settings are you using in Windows? Try setting them to UK to see if that helps matters.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:23 pm

dmarch wrote:
Thanks for sending the log... two things are quite evident... first you have a bad installation and second there is something strange with your regional settings.

To rectify the first please follow the instructions in the sticky post above entitle 'How to rectify a suspected bad installation'. When doing so please ensure you stop all other applications, including any security products you may have running. If you have already try this please try once more. If the problem persists please reinstall using the single download accumulative update (the link is in the stick post entitled 'PFE Manual Installation Instructions')

The second issue is very strange because there is no decimal separator shown in your frequencies. What regional settings are you using in Windows? Try setting them to UK to see if that helps matters.
Thanks, I have tried the reinstallation twice so now I'll check if there has been any change.

On the second point I am using an English version of XP PRO set to Italian numeric. I can also alternate the keyboard manually between English and Italian. (the keyboard is by default set to English) The Italian numeric system is the reverse of the English e.g E 1,245.55 IT 1.245,55 Certainly up to now it has never corrupted any programme but often shows up in any text. Whenever i have manually or automatically selected a frequency in FS9 there has never been a problem with the interpretation before. When i sometime use scenegenx I have to change the displayed numerals in order for them to be recognised.

Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: