OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Proflight how to?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
SILBERZ
Post subject: Proflight how to?
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Hello,

thanks again for your help. I have now PFE and Proflight working correctly on my PC.

I successfully built an flight plan with FSX, translated it to FS2000 with PFE, then compiled the latter with Proflight 2000, then loaded the result with PFE.

then I launched FSX, loaded the same flight plan with the same aircraft (Cessna 172), got on the parking lot, and then I switched to PFE, and then I connected it to FSX, and then I switched back to FSX, and got some OK message.

I switched my radio to ATIS, and got two voices at the same time: FSX's and Proflight 2000's. Then I switched to Ground, and I got FSX's ground (nothing from Proflight), I went to the runway, switched to Tower, I got FSX's tower, then I took off, switched to departure got FSX's departure, etc.

=> except from the initial ATIS, I never got anything from Proflight: I had the same exact trip than what I get with the sole FSX.

Should I set FSX in a certain way (for instance to disable its ATC or traffic or sound or...) ? Where is this information available?

I read somewhere that I should set FSUIPC to get the Proflight window to display properly (I have no Proflight window on my screen) but I cannot find the information.

I believe I should have a Proflight menu under "add-ons" in FSX's screen but I only have a single item: FSUIPC.

In PFE's manual, it does say somewhere that I should read Proflight's manual, but I cannot find Proflight's manual anywhere: it is not in my Start > Program > Aerosoft > Pro flight Emulator deluxe folder, nor on the CDROM's directories ("Manuals", "Acrobat", "Video", nor "Setup"), and I cannot find it either in aerosoft's web site.

Could you please tell me how to get PFE or Proflight to do something?

Thanks
--Max

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Proflight how to?
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:04 pm
Site Admin

Why would you want two ATC's playing at the same time. Turn FSX ATC off!!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SILBERZ
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:05 pm

OK; are there other options in FSX that I should know of and turn on or off in order for PFE to run properly with FSX? open a certain window? turn off or on traffic? what sound should I turn off? I saw nothing in the PFE manual, nor in the CDROM, nor in Aerosoft's WEB site, about FSX's options that need to be set or unset in order to get PFE running after I connected it to FSX. Can you please give me the list of the FSX settings if there are others?

Now: obviously I tried to turn off the ATC sound and window in FSX. But then I got nothing when I set my radio to Clearance's, Ground's nor Tower's frequencies. Shouldn't PFE do something? how fo I communicate with it?

Shouldn't a PFE window pop up somewhere on my screen if I set the correct frequency? how do I tell FSX or PFE to display a window? note that in the menu Addons, there is no PFE: just FSUIPC.

Thanks
Max

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:48 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
OK; are there other options in FSX that I should know of and turn on or off in order for PFE to run properly with FSX? open a certain window? turn off or on traffic? what sound should I turn off? I saw nothing in the PFE manual, nor in the CDROM, nor in Aerosoft's WEB site, about FSX's options that need to be set or unset in order to get PFE running after I connected it to FSX. Can you please give me the list of the FSX settings if there are others?
You don't have to worry about other FSX settings. ATC should have been obvious though, surely? In much the same way that if you use an external weather generator you don't use the one in FS
Quote:
Now: obviously I tried to turn off the ATC sound and window in FSX. But then I got nothing when I set my radio to Clearance's, Ground's nor Tower's frequencies. Shouldn't PFE do something? how fo I communicate with it?
If you can't make contact your COM radio cannot be tuned correctly. Please send me the debug_monitor.log file from the PFE\Logs folder next time this happens

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SILBERZ
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 am

Sorry but PFE still does not work.

(1) there is no debug file anywhere on my PC

(2) several frequencies displayed in Proflight "View Plan" window are wrong

-- KHPN's ground in real life, as in FSX is 121.82 (Proflight's plan says 121.80)
-- KHPN's tower in real life, as in FSX is 118.57 (Proflight's plan says 119.70)
etc.

(However I do have the correct KHPN ATIS and Clearance frequencies)

(3) After I load Proflight's plan in PFE and then I connect PFE to FSX:

I switch to ATIS (I get PFE's ATIS), then

I contact Ground using Proflight's wrong frequency, I press "0" (initial checking) : my pilot asks for "request start clearance" (shouldn't he say "ready to taxi with Quebec"?); Ground tells me "start clearance approved" and that I should go back to Ground afterwards to ask permission for taxi.

I switch my COM1 radio to Clearance but then when I press "0" I get a message ComFreq = 127.25 <=> TowFreq = 119.70. I switch to Tower, and press 0 and my pilot says "ready to taxi" (that's not what we are supposed to do in the real KHPN); Tower then tells me to contact Ground, and then when I press "0" (there is no option to ask Ground permission to taxi) and my pilot says again "request start clearance" (shouldn't he say "ready to taxi with Quebec"?); Ground tells me "start clearance approved" and that I should go back to Ground afterwards to ask permission for taxi.

=> I am stucked in a loop.

(4) At that point I though maybe the wrong frequencies are the cause of my problems. I then used PFE's utility to download the latest version (4.33) of MakeRwys.exe, launched it, then rebuilt PFE database with runways.csv, then converted again my flight plan to PF2000, then compiled it again to an ADV.

I then noticed that Proflight2000's "Flight Plan" window still displays wrong frequencies...

Then I loaded the ADV in PFE, but when I tried to connect PFE to FSX, I get an error message:

You need to Rebuild the PFE Database!

(isn't it exactly what I just did?) anyways, PFE then disconnects.

Now I cannot even use PFE.

Please let me know what I should do to get Proflight2000 to use correct frequencies, how to get PFE acknowledge that I rebuilt its database, and if I can connect again PFE to FSX, exactly what frequency I should switch to, in what order, and what key I should press in what order, in order to enjoy a very simple VFR flight on FSX's basic C172 (KHPN is just 20 miles west of KBDR).

At this point I believe you should try to help me seriously: get Proflight2000 use correct frequencies, get PFE to acknowledge that I rebuilt its database, get my pilot to ask Ground "ready to taxi", let me taxi to the runway, etc. I did pay the 40 euros, didn't I ?

Some info that may help: I am using VISTA 32, FSX with Ultimate X USA addon.

--Max

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:18 am

Quote:
=> I am stucked in a loop.
If you are in VCP mode 1 make sure you say "roger" after being told to contact ground when ready to taxi otherwise it will keep asking for the same clearance over and over.
Quote:
Then I loaded the ADV in PFE, but when I tried to connect PFE to FSX, I get an error message:

You need to Rebuild the PFE Database!
This is a bug that a small number of people see and it was thought it was fixed in a recent build. Please do check that you do have the latest version of PFE, In the mean time restarting PFE after the database rebuild should stop that error occurring again.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: