Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE and UTII - missing callsigns

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
BlinkNFG
Post subject: PFE and UTII - missing callsigns
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi,

I have recently started using UTII with PFE. Previously I have used PFE without problems with WoAI and Alpha India traffic. With UTII I have noticed that some major callsigns are missing even though they do exist within PFE. For example BMI traffic is referred to as "Bravo Mike India" and KLM as "Kilo Lima Mike" - I have checked the aircraft config files and the ATC name is correct there (e.g Midland and KLM).

I am confused - any help appreciated

thanks

Jon

Profile Quote
s0436
Post subject: Re: PFE and UTII - missing callsigns
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:34 pm

And in the aircraft.cfg files the "title=" bit includes the ICAO acronym of the airline ie. BMA or KLM?

Profile Quote
BlinkNFG
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - no they don't. I will add BMA to the title and see what happens

Jon

Profile Quote
BlinkNFG
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:48 pm

I've updated the titles but PFE still calls them "Bravo Mike India"

Jon

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 am
Site Admin

Hi Jon,

Any of the following form our website FAQ's help at all? Particularly the last one.

Q: Sometimes PFE ATC spells out the entire airline name rather than use the call sign.... other times it's correct.

A: The problem can occur when using Super Traffic Board and telling the aircraft to 'depart now'. If you leave aircraft to depart at their correct times this problem does not occur.

Q: Why do I hear ATC calling the aircraft make rather than the actual airline call sign?

A: Please check under the Technical Tab in FSUIPC (or look under the GENERAL section the FSUIPC.INI file) and set the TCASid entry to FLIGHT. Programs such as AIBlast and FSHotSeat appear to change these settings which make them incompatible with PFE

Q: I've just installed the new PFE voice set expansion pack but I still hear ATC using the three character airline ICAO instead of the full call sign

A: This can happen for a number of reasons... (1) you are using the original and new voice sets together, so if the current controller's voice set is using one of the original voice sets the number of full call signs is restricted to approximately 150 call signs. When only using the new voice sets the number of call signs available is over 1,000.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
BlinkNFG
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid none of those has helped. I haven't been using the STB depart now function and I do have PFE set to New Voice Pack Only and FUISPC set up correctly.

Most strange - I might try and install different models for BMI (rather than using the UTII ones) and see if that fixes it

Jon

Profile Quote
BlinkNFG
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:34 pm

It is still not working - not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions appreciated

Jon

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:21 pm
Site Admin

Jon,

There's a program that comes with FSUIPC 3+ called TrafficLook... try running that.... you can select Air only or Ground traffic only. This will list all the AI traffic with various bits of info but the second column shows the aircraft ID (name). Check to see what is listed there for your BMI aircraft.

I'm assuming you had no problem prior to using UTII and BMI and KLM were being called correctly?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm

And you've re-compiled your traffic files (with Traffic Tools) into the right FSX folder?

Profile Quote
BlinkNFG
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi,

thanks both for the replies.

UTII doesn't use bgl files - it uses Simconnect to inject the traffic into FSX.

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC 4 but cannot find TrafficLook - is it one of the FSUIPC tabs within FSX or is it an external program?

Yes both worked fine before. Indeed I have reinstalled WoAI KLM and it works fine. However even using the WoAI models the UTII KLM is still Kilo Lima Mike. It is obviously something to do with UTII but I am at a loss as to what it could be. Other airlines work fine.

Jon

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: