OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE's reaction time

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Axel H
Post subject: PFE's reaction time
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:39 am

Hi,

I've noticed that the time of reaction between ATC and e.g. the AI traffic is quite long. There is a delay. Would it be possible to shorten the reaction time in future updates?

Thanks for any reply,

best regards,

Axel.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PFE's reaction time
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:37 am
Site Admin

Hi Axel,

If you mean the time between AI traffic doing something and PFE responding to it then that is a very grey and difficult area. You see any delay could be for a number of reasons, in particular what other things PFE is doing... or perhaps one of your other addons that may be utilising FSUIPC. If I were to write a imple AI Traffic monitoring program then yes, I could attain what you are (I believe) asking for. However, AI traffic detecting/monitoring in PFE is just a small part of the functionality involved in the whole picture.

Perhaps if you could explain more precisely as to when and where you think we could improve things I will certainly consider it. Please remember to give details as to airport. ai traffic settings, time of (FS) day, what point of the flight you area in, what PFE was doing or had just completed, etc, etc.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:07 pm

The bottom left <Alt> key does the job! It saves hours of waiting at the holding point for an ATC reply. And on final approach pressing <Alt> will "ensure" you get clearance to land.
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axel H
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks Dave for your reply,

e.g. I mean the reaction time between ai traffic and PFE when waiting at a runway holding point and you watch / listen to the ai traffic and PFE. The AI (by default ai engine of course) is getting the clearance for take off and then some seconds later when the aircraft is already airborne PFE gives its "cleared for take off".

And another small idea I have for future updates: I have read in any post here, that PFE gives hand over to the tower frequency to the UI aircraft a certain distance from the runway. Maybe you can increase the distance so that we are handed over to tower earlier. I mean the traffic flow could be made faster by this. I just know this from real flying and ATC. :)

Thanks,

best regards,

Axel.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 am
Site Admin

Quote:
The bottom left <Alt> key does the job! It saves hours of waiting at the holding point for an ATC reply. And on final approach pressing <Alt> will "ensure" you get clearance to land.
Well you've completely lost me Vololiberista!

Care to elaborate?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:38 pm

dmarch wrote:
Quote:
Well you've completely lost me Vololiberista!

Care to elaborate?
Some of us experience very long delays between P2 making a call and ATC answering. Sometimes at busy airports it can be many minutes (which of course at EGLL would be somewhat unrealistic!). Pressing the left <Alt> key forces ATC to put down their mugs of tea and respond "immediately!". Perhaps you could investigate what is happening and incorporate it into the PFE programming.
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:48 pm
Site Admin

So when you use the ALT key PFE responds immediately? Is that what you're saying?

Next time you have such a problem and use the ALT key to speed things up please send me the debug log because I'd be very interested to see (A) why you're having to wait as you describe and (B) what on earth hitting the ALT key has to do with it.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JET 1
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:25 am

When I experienced slow PFE response, I fixed it by installing PFE on a separate computer and running over WideFS. That cured all response problems. That means it was probably related to my sim computer performance (which is low end by today's standard).

Why the ALT key would do anything, I don't have a clue.

Vololiberista, are you running the simulation Full Screen? Do you have PFE on the same computer as your sim?

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 pm

JET 1 wrote:
When I experienced slow PFE response, I fixed it by installing PFE on a separate computer and running over WideFS. That cured all response problems. That means it was probably related to my sim computer performance (which is low end by today's standard).

Why the ALT key would do anything, I don't have a clue.

Vololiberista, are you running the simulation Full Screen? Do you have PFE on the same computer as your sim?
I only have the one PC. Why the <Alt> key works is a mystery, but it does! An instant response every time!
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JET 1
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:23 pm

vololiberista wrote:
I only have the one PC. Why the <Alt> key works is a mystery, but it does! An instant response every time!
Vololiberista
Are you running the simulation in Full screen? If you are, pressing alt would bring up the menu bar and freeze the simulation.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: