OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

How to rectify a suspected bad installation

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Dave March
Post subject: How to rectify a suspected bad installation
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:39 pm
Site Admin

Many of PFE's updates require running an external EXE (program file), which some security products and even Windows can prevent. Normally, if you try to run such an EXE manually you would be presented with a popup warning message asking if you want to run the program. There will also be a small check box to say 'don't ask me again' and if you leave that option unchecked you will be prompted with the same message each time.

Starting with PFE version 2.11 various checks will be made each time you run the program to ensure your installation is complete. However, should a problem be detected you will see a popup message warning you of the problem and suggesting you check this post and follow the instructions listed below.

Please complete the following:-

From the main PFE folder double-click pfe_v26_system.exe and wait 30 seconds

From the main PFE folder double-click Xinstall3.exe and wait 30 seconds

Now download the following file and unzip it into your ...\PFE\FS2000\ADV\Wav folder

Install Refresh

Double click the update_pfe_calls.cmd file and confirm that you want to run the EXE files mentioned (you could get 6 separate messages if you don't click 'don't ask me this again')

Finally, if you believe you have some missing sound (WAV) files then please download from the following link and copy the file into your ...\fs2000\adv\wav folder and double click the install_newcallsigns.cmd file

Missing Sound Files Update

That's it.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: