OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE odd Problem

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: PFE odd Problem
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Very strange ... I have no idea, except that it could be related to the database somehow.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:07 pm
Site Admin

This happened to me, just the one time, a while ago. It only happened when tuning to ATIS. Can you confirm that is also the same for you?

I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with an ATIS clash between PF3 and FS but as I say, it only happened the once quite some time ago and has never happened since.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
matthias72
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Dave,

it happens everytime in PFE Version 2.15.0 (not PF3) if I tune the ATIS in the Aircraft jumps like a jojo and the FS9 crashes with the given entry in the Event Viewer.
If it is a Problem with the Database than PFE should give me a errormessage if I update the DB.

PFE worked until I refreshed the DB because I installed a new scenery. But it happens equal I activated the new scenery or not.
If I want to delete the Database from PFE which files can I delete that PFE makes a new one ??.
Can I reinstall without uninstall PFE because I did not find any uninstaller.

best regards,

Matthias

Profile Quote
matthias72
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Good evening,

I solved the Problem :D

It was the option "Closed Caption" I deactivated this option and everything works like a charm. Than I reactivated this Option after new start and now everything still works.-)).
But I wonder a very long reaction time between Hotkey pressing and reaction from the Program that is a little bit curious.

Thank you everyone for the Support.-)).

best regards

Matthias

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I had the problem multiple times with PF3 since April 2016, but never with PFE, and never on the ground.
(and I think I only had it with Aerosoft's EDDG as destination airport, but I'm not sure)
I have stopped requesting ATIS via COM, but use Acars ATIS instead, no problem with that.

I'm not sure what deactivating and reactivating closed captions should so here, but if this voodoo works for you, all is fine :)

Dave, what is your suspicion about this? (or just a suspicion that it is something you already have seen?)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:16 pm
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote:

Dave, what is your suspicion about this? (or just a suspicion that it is something you already have seen?)
Well there has to be a reason because there's a reason for everything... but, the chances of us finding our why are pretty slim. It only happens in isolated cases and then you disable closed captions and it stops, turn closed captions back on and it's still okay. Go figure! ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: