OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE Display

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
brooser3
Post subject: PFE Display
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi Dave, I hope everything is OK with you again, Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Firstly, thankyou for pointing me in the right direction to upgrade from version 2.6 to 2.11, a lot of the earlier problems I encountered with 2.6 have been resolved with 2.11.1, particularly with PFE Display, an invaluable tool for me.

A couple of questions, I am not sure whether they are PFE Display specific or not, but here goes.

1) Departure frequencies does not include ATIS (if available at the airport).

2) Landing at the destination airport, Tower instructs me to exit runway at next taxiway, then contact Tower if no Ground frequency is available. There is no option to request Taxi to terminal or designated parking spot on the Tower PFE Display.

3) Nice to have on PFE Display would be colour coded options for VFR only, IFR only, or General commands, as a very obvious novice, I am confused at times as to what response ATC is expecting from me.

4) Nice to have on PFE Display would be to be able to minimize the screen, I run REX2 with PFE and can no longer see REX weather screen as it runs behind everything else.

If I may move away from PFE Display, a more general ATC question.

What rules govern handover from one controller to another?

Example 1, Flying IFR from EGPL to EGPE at a cruise altitude of FL09, a distance of 110 miles with 2 intermediate waypoints, RONAR at 55mls and GARVA at 93mls, having been handed over from EGPL tower to EGPL departure on clearing EGPL runway, I am still under EGPL departure on reaching GARVA, then handed over to EGPE tower, even though EGPL approach frequency is available.

Example 2, Flying IFR from ELPG to EGCC a distance of 323mls, The climb out and cruise functions of the flight occur as expected, until the beginning of the descent, I am instructed to descend from FL26 to FL 18 by London Control, then I here nothing until 10mls from EGCC, London Control hands me over to EGCC Tower at FL18.

Are the Control areas' governed by FSX or PFE, and can these areas be configured to be more realistic, bearing in mind I no nothing technically about this?

I hope I am not sounding negative about PFE, I do love the concept and am just trying to get the best from it.

Best regards and good luck for the future,

Alan

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PFE Display
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:57 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
1) Departure frequencies does not include ATIS (if available at the airport).
Thanks, I'll add that to my list.
Quote:
2) Landing at the destination airport, Tower instructs me to exit runway at next taxiway, then contact Tower if no Ground frequency is available. There is no option to request Taxi to terminal or designated parking spot on the Tower PFE Display.
... to the list... but the function does work if you hit '5' where there's not Ground control and you will automatically contact Tower for taxi instructions. You can also edit the PFE display text yourself using Notepad to open the PFE_Disp.dat file
Quote:
3) Nice to have on PFE Display would be colour coded options for VFR only, IFR only, or General commands, as a very obvious novice, I am confused at times as to what response ATC is expecting from me.
Yes, nice idea. I would probably just go for a toggle switch to show either VFR, IFR or Both
Quote:
4) Nice to have on PFE Display would be to be able to minimize the screen, I run REX2 with PFE and can no longer see REX weather screen as it runs behind everything else.
Listed
Quote:
What rules govern handover from one controller to another?
The ATC boundaries are those supplied with the original ProFlight 2000, which we know are somewhat out of date but until we get new data and vice authors to record the new facilities we will have to live with them I'm afraid.
Quote:
Example 1, Flying IFR from EGPL to EGPE at a cruise altitude of FL09, a distance of 110 miles with 2 intermediate waypoints, RONAR at 55mls and GARVA at 93mls, having been handed over from EGPL tower to EGPL departure on clearing EGPL runway, I am still under EGPL departure on reaching GARVA, then handed over to EGPE tower, even though EGPL approach frequency is available.
You won't be handed off to a control centre unless you climb above the 'center altitude' which I believe defaults to 14,500
Quote:
Example 2, Flying IFR from ELPG to EGCC a distance of 323mls, The climb out and cruise functions of the flight occur as expected, until the beginning of the descent, I am instructed to descend from FL26 to FL 18 by London Control, then I here nothing until 10mls from EGCC, London Control hands me over to EGCC Tower at FL18.
If you can recreate this then please send me the debug_monitor.log file from PFE\Logs
Quote:
Are the Control areas' governed by FSX or PFE, and can these areas be configured to be more realistic, bearing in mind I no nothing technically about this?
PFE and No
Quote:
I hope I am not sounding negative about PFE, I do love the concept and am just trying to get the best from it.
Not at all... we appreciate all comments, suggestions and constructive criticism

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
brooser3
Post subject: Re: PFE Display
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks Dave. Regarding the flight from LFPG - EGCC, I have removed the STAR from the flight plan and flew a successful flight. I can live with that.

Thanks for taking on board my other suggestions and I appreciate the problems you have with FS2000.

regards, Alan

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: