OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Newbie problems

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Badger
Post subject: Newbie problems
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi all,

Hoping you can help with a few problems I'm experiencing on trying to get my first flight up and running.

I've got everything compiled etc and have flown one flight successfully with the VCP in Comm Plus mode, but I can't seem to get a flight going in VCP COMM mode as I don't appear to be able to 'Roger' any instructions. I tried using the default hotkeys but nothing happened so I have changed the hotkey and still it doesn't seem to 'Roger' anything so I am stuck at the airport without being able to accept any instructions. I couple of times when I have closed FSX to try something else, I've received an error message which says "Error Reading Hotkey 'Hit' Locations".

I also don't appear to be able to get the TGS working (I haven't installed the guage, but I was hoping for audible instructions).

Any help you can offer to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Badger

PS: I have the most up to date version of PFE installed.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Newbie problems
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Badger,
with regards to hotkeys,have you checked FS to make sure you are not trying to duplicate hotkeys within PFE,is there anything else trying to use the same key combination that you are trying to use.

The error message is down to you exiting FS first without shutting down PFE before anything else ;)

Install the gauge as a window as per my tutorial,which gives you the option of using the gauge and/or receiving verbals.

I take it you have all the boxes checked in Taxi Guidance System section on the options page 1 and a voice selected!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Badger
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Thanks for the prompt response Dave.

Yes, I have all the boxes checked in the Taxi Guidance System.

I have tried a number of key combinations including some very unusual ones (CTRL+SHIFT+#~ for example) and I am still unable to accept any commands.

Thanks for explaining the error message, I did indeed close FSX before PFE.

I wonder if the failure of the TGS is because I can't actually accept any taxi instructions before I start taxiing? - just a thought. I figure if I can get my 'Roger' function working, then that might solve all the issues.

I'll try another flight from a different airport and see how I get on.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Badger

Profile Quote
Badger
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Just tried another flight from a different location and again I am unable to accept any ATC instructions.

I've also noticed that when I'm compiling flights in PF2000 it refers to me as 'Swissair' but I have not selected 'Swissair' as a callsign!! Don't know if that matters, just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

Badger

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:59 pm
Site Admin

Badger,

Please email the debug_monitor.log file from the PFE\Logs folder

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Badger
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi Dave,

I've just uninstalled and gone through the 'accumulative installer' process to see if I missed anything the first time. Just rebuilding the database now so I will let you know if this fixes the problem.

Cheers

Badger

Profile Quote
Badger
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi Dave,

Still no joy with accepting ATC instructions so I have emailed the log as requested.

Cheers

Badger

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 am

Try re-assigning the Roger key to just \ or / I cant remember which it is at the moment :D . I seem to remember I had a problem with that key when I first started out with PFE, re-assigning it fixed the problem for me. Also make sure you don't have it trapped (assigned) by FSUIPC or something like that as that may stop it from working too.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: