OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Approach problems

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
mwilk
Post subject: Approach problems
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Hello,
I'm new to PFE, I think. I think I may have owned a very early version. My problem is with approach vectoring. I have flown a number of flights with PFE and I really like it except for approach vectoring. I have yet to get a good approach where I can intercept the localizer with no problem. On one flight, my runway assignment was changed three times within about a minute. Is there a certain way thet a flight plan has to be constructed to give you a chance for proper vectoring? I am currently using FS Build for both FS9 and FSX. Is there a flight planner better suited for PFE? I'm asking because I like the program but it is difficult for me to use right now. any chance we could see an option to request a change of runways? Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Mike W.

Regards,
Mike W
KDFW

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Approach problems
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 pm
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

Firstly please ensure you update to the latest version, which is 2.11.1 as I kind of get the feeling you're running an earlier version.

There is already an option to request another runway once you've been assigned one, either at your departure airport or during the approach.

FSBuild is great for use with PFE and I use it all the time. All you have to do really is just check your flight plan altitudes within PFE to ensure you're not trying to approach too high and the rest, as they say, is easy.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mwilk
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:29 pm

Dave,
Thanks for the quick response. I checked and I am running version 2.11.1. I know it's important to set your altitudes up correctly for approach. It just seems I'm never in the right spot to intercept the localizer. I have to go back and look at the manual because I missed the command to request a different runway. As I said, I really like the program, so I'll keep plugging along until I get used to it.

Regards,
Mike W.

Regards,
Mike W
KDFW

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:50 am
Site Admin

Mike,

Next time you have a problem with approach please ZIP and send me the debug_monitor.log file from the PFE\Logs folder and I'll take a look to see if I can spot where you might be having issues.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: