OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VFR from tower controled airport, practice land & takeoff

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
lfishe
Post subject: VFR from tower controled airport, practice land & takeoff
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:46 pm

How do I use PFE at tower controlled airport to practice takeoffs and landing? Since I am not going to another airport and I must have a flight plan for PFE to talk to me. I create VFR in FSX planner with example, KLAF and KLAF 3000 ft. I import to PFE, go to PF2000, select it, put in 3000', compile. It locks on trying to calculate altitude. How would you recommend that I be able to use PFE for clearance in this situation. I am not a real pilot and would not know how to do this in real life, so I may be asking something ridiculous.

Thanks,

Lynn

i7 2700K OC'd 4.8, ASUS P8Z68 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked, Mushkin DDR 2X4 Redline RAM, Win 7 X 64 Professional, FSX Acceleration

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: VFR from tower controled airport, practice land & takeoff
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Site Admin

Hi Lynn,

To be perfectly honest... I don't know! ;-)

There is, however, a dim and distant bell ringing that's telling me this has been approached before, so hopefully someone may be able to help. My guess is you would have to have at least one waypoint in your flightplan and then by rights it 'should' work as a normal flight.

One other thing you could do also is to create a flightplan to somewhere else, take off, declare and emergency and then when asked if you can make it back to your departure airport, select 'yes'.

Would be interested to know if you work out a successful solution

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: