OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

What is the difference in CPU load between networked vs not

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
lfishe
Post subject: What is the difference in CPU load between networked vs not
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:57 am

My purpose for using FSUIPC4 is to reduce the load on my CPU and use the client monitor for PFE Display. If their is not a reasonable advantage to decreasing my CPU load then I would not want to go to the work of trying to get PFE to work on the client and use Voice Buddy for voice recognition. Voice recognition with PFE works great on my primary machine now. I have not seen anyone on here say that they have made PFE on the client and voice recognition work. If someone can give me explicit instruction on doing that with Vista 64 and FSUIPC4 I would be thrilled. I did see the pinned post, but had no idea of the sound card etc. that he was talking about. My client machine is Windows XP 32 bit. My sound cards are on board the motherboard.

Am reading this correctly? I can have PFE on my primary computer and copy the file folder pfe_displayer, with the 2 files pfe_disp.dat and PFE_Display.exe, to my client machine and it will work displaying the information on my client monitor. I just have my "FSX setup to share" and allow "network users to change my files" "on".

Thanks,

Lynn

i7 2700K OC'd 4.8, ASUS P8Z68 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked, Mushkin DDR 2X4 Redline RAM, Win 7 X 64 Professional, FSX Acceleration

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: What is the difference in CPU load between networked vs not
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:09 am
Site Admin

Hi Lynn,

Yes your are correct.... pfe_displayer can run on a client machine, that's what I do with my setup. I also have PFE and FDC running on another client

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lfishe
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks Dave. Any idea of significance of CPU load by PFE that can be diverted by using client from the primary computer?

Thanks,

Lynn

i7 2700K OC'd 4.8, ASUS P8Z68 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked, Mushkin DDR 2X4 Redline RAM, Win 7 X 64 Professional, FSX Acceleration

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Lets just say you shouldn't need to worry about it with an i7 965 @ 4GHZ, its makes no difference at all on my lowly Q6700 @ 3.22Ghz

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
lfishe
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 am

Thanks,

Lynn

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: