OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Can't run PFE Deluxe - Error Message says "already in use"

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
psolov
Post subject: Can't run PFE Deluxe - Error Message says "already in use"
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi all I am new to the product and the forum. Anyway, just received PFE deluxe (FSX) a couple of days ago, figured out how to get everything setup, ran a flight and everything seemed to work well. However, after my first successful use of this product (I had some botched attempts due to my own confusion) I can not start up the PFE program. When I run (either as administrator or not since I use Vista 64) a message pops up saying that PFE is already in use. Even after I shut down and reboot I get this message. Proflight 2000 does open however in case you were wondering. What do I need to do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Can't run PFE Deluxe - Error Message says "already in use"
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:25 pm
Site Admin

Are you running the latest version (eg. 2.11.1) and have you checked any of the sticky posts above with regard to Vista and 64bit

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
psolov
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:37 pm

dmarch wrote:
Are you running the latest version (eg. 2.11.1) and have you checked any of the sticky posts above with regard to Vista and 64bit
I bought the boxed version and then ran the udates through the PFE interface yesterday. I am at work so I can't check the version but since I ran the update I am assuming it is the latest version. I will double check the posts again (I did look briefly but it didn't see what I thought the issue was). Thanks!

Pete

Profile Quote
psolov
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:42 pm

dmarch wrote:
Dave, can you direct me to the sticky posts you were referring to? I actually had only done a forum search but want to make sure I am not missing anything. Thanks!

Profile Quote
RojanTrojan
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Dave and Pete,

Had this exact same problem tonight when re-installing PFE on a new copy of Windows 7 64bit but thankfully have resolved it. Kept trying to click on the PFE icon but nothing would happen, the system process had started but no GUI had loaded. When I tried to double click on the icon to restart it, you guessed it... "PFE is already running on this computer". Thought I would share what worked for me.

Here is what i did.

Installed from a box copy which gave me a fresh copy of ver 1.84. It Did an automatic update which then gave me Ver 1.94. Had to manually press the 'check for update' button. This is where the problem occurred after this update the above happened. I could start ProFlight no problem but the emulator's graphic interface wouldn't start. I tried numerous re-installs and updates but nothing would work after ver 1.94. I then noticed that the file version on the PFE icon after I had manually pressed the update button was only 2.0.0.0. So I downloaded Dave's accumulative update located in PFE manual install instructions at the top of the support forum. Followed the instructions... (I noticed half way through it wanted me to reboot my system? - but pressed cancel) It finished the install of 2.11.1. I did a re-boot and now it all works great again. Seriously, couldn't do without PFE!!!

The 'check for update' seems to do it in stages is that correct Dave? I assume that by being version 2.0.0.0 that it hadn't installed the Vista 64bit fix that would be the same for Win 7 64bit? That's my rather large guess.

I hope you get it working Pete.

Cheers

Rhydian

P.S @ Dave, any news on the voice script for PFE? So I can make my own voiceset. Cheers.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:34 am
Site Admin

Hi Rhydian,

Yes you are correct the auto updates works in stages, this is because there are many users out there who purchased PFE at a different time and therefore have various base versions. We have managed to accumulate some of the auto update downloads but cannot do them all for technical reasons. Having said that the best way to update PFE when doing a fresh install is to use the accumulative update package you mention.

Please email me with regard the voice recording script... I already have that so am a little unsure as to why I haven't sent it to you before... other than my bad memory ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
psolov
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:42 pm

RojanTrojan wrote:
Hi Dave and Pete,

Had this exact same problem tonight when re-installing PFE on a new copy of Windows 7 64bit but thankfully have resolved it. Kept trying to click on the PFE icon but nothing would happen, the system process had started but no GUI had loaded. When I tried to double click on the icon to restart it, you guessed it... "PFE is already running on this computer". Thought I would share what worked for me.

Here is what i did.

Installed from a box copy which gave me a fresh copy of ver 1.84. It Did an automatic update which then gave me Ver 1.94. Had to manually press the 'check for update' button. This is where the problem occurred after this update the above happened. I could start ProFlight no problem but the emulator's graphic interface wouldn't start. I tried numerous re-installs and updates but nothing would work after ver 1.94. I then noticed that the file version on the PFE icon after I had manually pressed the update button was only 2.0.0.0. So I downloaded Dave's accumulative update located in PFE manual install instructions at the top of the support forum. Followed the instructions... (I noticed half way through it wanted me to reboot my system? - but pressed cancel) It finished the install of 2.11.1. I did a re-boot and now it all works great again. Seriously, couldn't do without PFE!!!

The 'check for update' seems to do it in stages is that correct Dave? I assume that by being version 2.0.0.0 that it hadn't installed the Vista 64bit fix that would be the same for Win 7 64bit? That's my rather large guess.

I hope you get it working Pete.

Cheers

Rhydian

P.S @ Dave, any news on the voice script for PFE? So I can make my own voiceset. Cheers.
Thanks for that update, I actually have not fiddled around with it for a few days since I was busy with other stuff. I will give this a shot tonight and see if that solves the problem, but since you are describing the exact same issue, I feel confident it will work.

Thanks, Pete

Profile Quote
RojanTrojan
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:47 pm

@ Pete

Good luck, hope it works. I'm pretty sure it will.

@ Dave

I'll send you an email. Thanks.

Rhydian

Profile Quote
psolov
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:32 am

Well the updates worked, although I feel sort of stupid since I did not realize there was one all inclusive update at the top because I played dense for a little while. Oh well, a lesson learned. Anyway, PFE looks to be working. Thanks to all for your assistance.

Profile Quote
psolov
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:03 am

psolov wrote:
Well the updates worked, although I feel sort of stupid since I did not realize there was one all inclusive update at the top because I played dense for a little while. Oh well, a lesson learned. Anyway, PFE looks to be working. Thanks to all for your assistance.

I think I may have let the cat out of the bag too soon. Everything seemed to work until I tried to connect to FSX. Even after a reboot I am getting an error message that says "PFE will now need to disconnect" in FSX, and then one on the PFE screen saying "PFE will need to rebuild database." Any ideas?

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: