OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Couple of Questions

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
jimh20
Post subject: Couple of Questions
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi,
I've read the manual and tutorial, and think I know the very basics. I've made my first two flights with PFE, and I'm delighted with the result.

Is there anything I'm likely to miss through not looking at the help file for PF 2000? When I click on the ? icon, I get a not enough memory message, which is a nonsense when I've got nothing else running and 4GB of ram. If it's not important I can just forget it.

Does PFE 2.6 have a working taxi guidance system? I'm not clear from what I've seen in the docs.

If there is a sysem, which boxes need to be checked in Options 1?

As an extra, the tutorial seems to suggest that the TGS gauge will work with some VC panels, while the FAQ says the opposite. I did have a go at installing it in the VC of both my Carenado Mooney, and the default Cessna 172. It worked in neither, but did appear in the Cessna's 2D panel.

Some sort of taxi guidance system would be nice but not essential.

Regards, Jim

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Couple of Questions
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Site Admin

NO, you don't really need the PF help file

Version 2.6 is actually unsupported and you need to update to 2.11.1 and yes, PFE offers full taxi guidance to/from the runway

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 am

Hi Jim,
just to pick up on a couple of points.....

PFE offers a Taxi Guidance System in the form of a gauge and audible directions if activated on the main options screen 1.

Secondly the gauge cannot be installed into the VC panel only the 2D that is what was written in the tutorial.

It can be added to a "window" which can be used in all views,ie:VC,outside etc

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
jimh20
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi to both Daves,

Thanks for your help. Having just bought PFE, together with the extra voice sets, and set PFE to check for updates, I think I'm all up to date.

I've checked all the taxi guidance boxes, and now have verbal guidance from my trusty copilot. I'm really delighted with PFE. I've been away from MSFS for a long time, and am just building up a good setup in FSX. I've had a look at FDC, and am sure I had some of your early efforts, Dave, when I flew for Noble Air, way in the past. At the moment I'm graduating up through the twins, before trying any of the heavies.

I've installed Rob Barendregt's Groundhandling Gauge into my Beechcraft Duke, and it is working in the VC. I imagine the TGS gauge might be installed like that in a separate window, as you say Dave. I'd try it if I knew how to configure a new window to show the gauge.

Edit: I forgot to ask. What is the difference between ATC handholding, and regular ATC communication? I hope I don't need my hand held, but I'd like to know! ;)

Regards, Jim

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:35 pm
Site Admin

Can't even remember trying the ATC hand holding but I seem to remember you get a lot more vectoring commands at each waypoint, which is obviously a little unrealistic.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: