OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Flight Plan Format Problems

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Flight Plan Format Problems
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:48 pm

PF3 is much easier to use than PFE, so it would avoid a steep learning curve.
PF3 gives you the frequencies on the kneeboard after connecting (unless you use P3D, which has no kneeboard), but you may have to switch to the correct page to see the frequencies. If you tune to an unused frequency and it the zero key (top row, not number pad), then you should see a message about the correct clearance frequency. For ATIS you could check before loading the flightplan in PF3: In Options #2 there is a button do add new frequencies, but you can use that button to look up existing frequencies, too.
As to the initial problem: Sounds very much like a permission problem, but I can't give you a recipe to fix it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:34 pm
Site Admin

Please send me a copy of the failing flight plan

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
rhodges
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
PF3 is much easier to use than PFE, so it would avoid a steep learning curve.
PF3 gives you the frequencies on the kneeboard after connecting (unless you use P3D, which has no kneeboard), but you may have to switch to the correct page to see the frequencies. If you tune to an unused frequency and it the zero key (top row, not number pad), then you should see a message about the correct clearance frequency. For ATIS you could check before loading the flightplan in PF3: In Options #2 there is a button do add new frequencies, but you can use that button to look up existing frequencies, too.
As to the initial problem: Sounds very much like a permission problem, but I can't give you a recipe to fix it.
Probably a short between the ears, but so far I am getting no response in communications in PF3. It installed fine, my flight plans seem to connect fine, and I am following the tutorial but I never get a response and am using the correct frequencies. (121.7 for KMYR clearance, 128.45 Tower, 120.3 Gnd.). All tries are with distances less than 200 miles. With PF3 I am originating flight plans and operating only on my primary computer, so this has nothing to do with the problem initially addressed in this thread.

RTH

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:30 pm
Site Admin

Logs please RTH :)

And yes I received your other logs but no I haven't had a chance to check them out yet, but I will and then I'll report back.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: