OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE with Ultimate traffic 2

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
fontaine32
Post subject: PFE with Ultimate traffic 2
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Hello...

I have tested a few flights, everything is working fine in the air.. The only problem is when i'm taxiing, I could have a few planes ahead of me and I get cleared for takeoff.. I could taxi through the planes waiting to depart if I have crash detection off but that of course isn't realistic. I've been a pilot for 17 years, and never once had a controller tell me to switch to tower frequency on departure, you switch to tower when you're close to the departure runway.. So, how can I get PFE to recognize all my traffic from Ultimate Traffic 2 and is there someway to get the FO to ask for takeoff clearance when number 1 in line??? thanx so much, I hope I can get this remedied, because it's a fine addon.. cheers..

Tony

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PFE with Ultimate traffic 2
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:02 am
Site Admin

Hi Tony,

Ther could be a number of things causing this issue... the AFCAD file, the addon screnery, etc.

Which airport did this occur? Is this a third party airport? Are you using PFE version 2.11.1?

I don't normally look into the odd airport/runway problem because with 24,000 airports there are bound to be a few where you will have issues and where the taxiing does not perform as it should. For the majority though everything works just fine and you won't be cleared to takeoff if there are aircraft in front of you. However, I am more than happy to take a quick look but would need to see all the current log files for when this occurred and full details as to where you were on the airport/taxiway,etc. But if it's a third party airport I don't have installed the chances of determining why you have an issue are pretty slim

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
fontaine32
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanx Dave,

You basically answered my question, I went and updated.. ran the makerwy file.. and a few other things.. It's working great now.. My FSX is now complete!!!! :D

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:29 pm

fontaine32 wrote:
Thanx Dave,

You basically answered my question, I went and updated.. ran the makerwy file.. and a few other things.. It's working great now.. My FSX is now complete!!!! :D
The unanswered issue here is that when arriving at the holding point the flight officer in real life makes the change to the tower frequency from the ground frequency. He does not get a call asking him to change to the tower freq. (as in PFE). He does it himself. When the freq is changed he then announces the a/c is ready for take-off. So what you could perhaps do is when PFE detects the a/c is close to the rwy to get the FO to change freq. and do away with the ATC call telling him to change. As that is not corrrect. Quote "Realism is our only Destination".
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JET 1
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:45 pm

vololiberista wrote:
The unanswered issue here is that when arriving at the holding point the flight officer in real life makes the change to the tower frequency from the ground frequency. He does not get a call asking him to change to the tower freq. (as in PFE). He does it himself.
Vololiberista
A bold statement, but unfortunately not true.

On a controlled flight you don't change frequencies unless you're told to do so by air traffic control. You are handed off. Period.

Exceptions:
- when you get your taxi clearance, you are told by ground control to contact tower automatically once you reach the holding point
- some airports have procedures that have you contact tower automatically at the holding point or ground after vacating runway

So, PFE is realistic in that sense.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:06 am
Site Admin

Thanks Jet.

I was going to say I can't believe I haven't seen this issue raised before since the day PF2K was original released and during the beta, as I was on that beta team.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JET 1
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks Dave

I posted in a rush but now for some reason I can't edit the post anymore so a little correction below..
JET 1 wrote:
Exceptions:
- when you get your taxi clearance, may be told by ground control to contact tower automatically once you reach the holding point
Anyway, PFE in this case is realistic in a generic way and obviously it can't cater for all these exceptions and differences in procedure worldwide (yet) <- here's hoping that maybe one day... ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: