OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Is the 'PFE Expansion Packs Voice Set' installed, or not??

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Is the 'PFE Expansion Packs Voice Set' installed, or not??
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Well, I did have it installed, 100% sure: I went through all the updates meticulously, according to instructions, when I installed PFE the last time. In any case, I have never had any messages to suggest otherwise on starting PFE. Today however I tweaked some of the voice sets (using a batch wav editor) - e.g. the ProFlightG folder, where the sound was very bass heavy and loud: I have 'remastered' all of the wav files in half a dozen folders or so in order to give a thinner, much more realistic (to my ears) radio sound.

All the original file names are there as before, nothing added, nothing taken away, but PFE is not happy now - when I run it, it tells me, in a message at startup, that I do not have 'PFE Expansion Packs Voice Set' installed. The Voice Set selection part of the Options 1 window is greyed out (and set to 'XPack Voice Sets only', as I had it before). All the pilot/ATC voices in the Option 1 dropdown boxes have (new) or (old) after them. Doesn't that indicate that I do have the Expansion Pack installed? I am sure I do, it is just that PFE no longer recognises the fact - does it not 'like' the change in file dates? I could reset all the file dates (I have another batch programme to do this) to the originals, but pointless wasting time if you say that that is not the issue.

I did of course back up the original PFE\FS2000\Adv\Wav folder (and restoring it puts things back to normal - no warning when I start PFE), but I would really like my tweaked sound files in there, they sound much better than before (IMHO!). I kept the tweaked wav files as 8-bit @ 88kbs, by the way, like the originals, so that can't be the problem.

Any advice (other than restore the original files? That'd be a pity). I could just tick the box 'do not show this message again', but it's not so good that the Voice Set selection options are not accessible now.

Thanks!

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Is the 'PFE Expansion Packs Voice Set' installed, or not
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:19 am
Site Admin

Drop me an email Martin please

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: