OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC is NOT 'as real as it gets' :-(

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: ATC is NOT 'as real as it gets' :-(
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:57 am

Hi. Just wondered of anyone has any advice as to how to get ATC back working properly. It is probably not a PFE issue per se, but I guess people who read this forum will have some insight into how ATC works in FS9 even so!

Firstly (this is by the by), is there any setting I can change within FS9 to get AI a/c to 'see' and respond to my user a/c sooner? Planes taxiing towards me do often (though by no means always) stop if I clearly have right of way, but mostly too late and my wings nearly always slice through their fuselage.

Secondly, this being my main question, why does ATC allow me to enter the runway when a/c are still occupying it? And why does it allow two a/c to land almost on top of each other?

[ img ]

I use AISeparation and AISMooth together (and I think I am using the 'recommended' settings for both), but juggling these (or not using them at all) doesn't seem to help, so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ATC is NOT 'as real as it gets' :-(
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:10 pm
Site Admin

Looking at that screen shot I would say it has something to do with your traffic program. I don't believe you would ever see that in the default configuration. Never seen it myself and obviously nothing to do with pfe because it's fs that controls ai aircraft.

Sent using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:24 am

Hi. Yes, I know it's not generated by PFE, but thought someone may be able to advise (as you indeed did!). I can't see any multiple AFCADs or traffic bgl files, so I have no idea how these things are being generated..

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:13 pm
Site Admin

It's all to do with the schedules generated by the traffic program and embedded in the traffic.bgl file(s). Perhaps just try uninstalling your traffic program then reinstall it. Out of interest, which one do you use?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
voodoo101
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:12 am

The problem you are having is because FS9/FSX and P3D have no SIDS/STARS or spacing. Aircraft come from all directions and try to land. All addons except one are unable to control AI traffic because they run from BGL files with routes and times. The ATC that can control AI actually injects it's on AI and whilst this stops AI overcrowding, it does inject it a bit random and when you are flying across the USA and see a UK regional jet fly alongside, looks a bit weird.

There are a three work arounds that will help.

1. Turn down the amount of AI. This will limit the amount of planes on final.

2. Look for a program called AI Smooth (freeware). This will space out the aircraft and make some go around, although it will do this at the last minute.

3. Look for a program called AISidStar (freeware). This is my favourite. This will make the AI traffic fly SIDS and STARS, so you can actually follow the traffic in and out. It will help with spacing by actually slowing down AI that is too fast and put aircraft in holding patterns.

All three of these will take the work load off Proflight Emulator, options 1 and 3 will also help with framerates and VAS.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:56 am

I use AI Sooth in conjunction with AI Separation (as per instructions on AVSIM somewhere), but I've never even heard of AISidStar - sounds brilliant, I will look for it immediately (it's OK for FS9?). Would you use it together with AISmooth & AISeparation?

Thanks for the information Dave. (I'll turn down my AI % too - I think it's at 60% currently: if you turn it too low, airlines start to disappear from airports of course and one has to decide which is the lesser of two evils - a 2/3 empty Heathrow at 8.00am on a Monday morning looks very unrealistic :)

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:13 am

and there is yet another program

do a search in the the Avsim forum :

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:15 am

Yes,I already found it :D - and there are two long videos on YouTube about each of them that I will watch later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsO_FbrEf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e70BCcx-w

Do these work in FS9 though???

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:36 pm

martinlest wrote:
Yes,I already found it :D - and there are two long videos on YouTube about each of them that I will watch later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsO_FbrEf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e70BCcx-w

Do these work in FS9 though???
I can't actually see them in the avsim library. It comes up blank in the search. The first one though I believe needs simconnect so not for FS9.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: