Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE corrupt?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: PFE corrupt?
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi..

A number of oddities: I am consistently (all airports as far as I can tell) told I am clear for take off when there is AI traffic on the runway, often just cleared for take off itself, or landing/just touched down (as I mentioned in a previous post)....

I was just told I am clear to taxi to 'Runway zero' at EPKK (then 'cleared for takeoff, runway zero') - I just installed a new scenery for this airport, ran MakeRunways and updated trhe PFE database. The runways.csv file shows the right runway headings. Runways.txt shows the default MS bgl file info, but that seems often to be the case....

The 'say again' function never works now. The pilot gives the callsign and asks 'say again'.. but there's never any reply (though ATC continues to contact me re. traffic etc.).

Do I need to reinstall PFE?? Seems to be a lot of little issues!

Martin

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: PFE corrupt?
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:14 pm

No need to reinstall PFE:
- The AI oddities may result from timing problems (PFE only reacts to AI planes, they are controlled by FSX) or by a problem in the scenery installation. I once had duplicate EDDG with two sets of slightly different taxiways because of two active BGL files for this airport. This was visible in FS Commander.
- The Say Again ignores you after you (or probably your virtual co-pilot) has acknowledged the last call from ATC. You can use RemoteText to be able to read older messages or look at PFE/Logs/debug_monitor.log

Edit: Oh, I just noticed the "Runway zero" ... There may be a bug in your version of PFE, but I don't think a reinstall would solve it. Do you see an error message in your PFE logs when rebuilding the database?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply. No, there were no error messages after the PFE update. Maybe I should just try doing it again (Makerunways.exe, then PFE update).

The 'Say Again' never used to ignore me after 'I' acknowledged the reply - it always repeated the last message, as many times as I pressed the associated key in fact. That seemed the point, if I missed it - or was away from the sim a while, to check on the last message...

The other 'annoyance' (sorry, I can't seem to get this right, though it should be easy enough!) is that some of the ATC instructions to me (not all) come over very very quietly, I can hardly hear them. I have juggled with ATC volumes - what I am trying to achieve is to have instructions/chat between ATC and AI a/c at low volume, but instructions from ATC to my user a/c and the reply louder. Is that possible, or do the way the voicesets have been recorded make it impossible?

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:32 pm
Site Admin

You need to identify the voice sets that appear very quite when ATC is talking to you so we can check things at this end. If it is due to low recording levels (although all voice sets were optimised) you can tell PFE not to use that one.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Things continue to go awry with PFE. On final to HKJK just now (altitude 5328'), ATC kept telling me to descend to 2000'. After landing, and on the taxiway, I was still getting vectors from ATC for the airport.

Do I uninstall and start from scratch?? Is there a log file which might help?

Thanks.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 pm

OK, I must ask. Is it possible that it is PFE (or FDC) that is causing all my FS9 CTDs? I have been plagued with FS9 freezing up recently; when this happens the keyboard and mouse stop responding and I have to close FS9 (a black screen by now) with the Task Manager.

The reason that I am starting to wonder if it could be to do with PFE is that these crashes all seem to happen at the same point in the flight: I can fly for minutes or for hours, but the CTDs always seem to occur as I clear the runway and am waiting for ATC to give me directions to a gate. This can't be coincidence, it's happened too many times now at exactly the same juncture.

I am going to try flying without PFE or FDC for a while - a bit sad! - to see what happens. But I can't think of anything else other than PFE that would cause these problems at the same moment in my flight each time (at whatever airport, with whatever aircraft). May not be PFE of course, but it has been behaving oddly, as I have posted: I hope you can help me to troubleshoot this. Would the log files help?

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:39 am

... I sometimes find this message box behind the crashed FS9 window. Could this be generated by PFEor FDC?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:36 am
Site Admin

That message is not generated by PFE or FDC but when it happens again please email everything from your pfe/logs and fdc/logs folder

Sent using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:50 am

OK, thanks. I think that it comes from gaugesound.dll but not sure yet how to find what sound, if any, is missing, I can't see that gaugesound generates a log file. It also doesn't make too much sense as I am getting the error irrespective of what aircraft I fly...

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:03 pm

gaugesound.dll errors are unrelated to PFE and others have reported them, too, e.g.:
http://www.avsim.com/topic/349341-error ... available/

Maybe the sound for extending flaps or the landing gear is missing? Or outer/middle marker sounds?

http://www.fsxforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=163974 reports that he used FlusiFix to enable callouts which caused this problem.

or http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... s9-experts

I searched for: gaugesound.dll "creation failed" solved

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: