OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE corrupt?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
martinlest
Post subject: Re: PFE corrupt?
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:27 am

Can't see that any sound files are missing - all the same sounds are in the folder as in the backed up folder (from when I was getting no errors of this kind).

Event Viewer may indicate a video drivers problem, so I have installed the latest nVidia drivers and I will carry on testing...

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:07 am

Hi. Hope you all had a good Christmas...

I am still getting "Taxi to runway zero" at various airports. I have re-run the PFE database updater - no log entries seem to be made for this process though. The information in runways.csv looks fine (runway headings are correct, no 'zeros'). Runways.txt also has the correct information. Can't think why PFE ATC is using 'runway zero'...

I haven't done anything yet about the voice sets...

My CTDs (by the way) were caused by my Saitek X52 not liking (to say the least!) Intel's USB3.0 controllers. This is a known issue, it seems. For now I have disabled USB3.0 on my PC (no problem, as I only use the PC for FS9 & FSX), but I have downloaded alternative (ASMedia) USB3.0 drivers which I may get around to installing at some stage... Just a heads up for anyone interested!

Martin

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:54 pm

martinlest wrote:
Hi. Hope you all had a good Christmas...

I am still getting "Taxi to runway zero" at various airports. I have re-run the PFE database updater - no log entries seem to be made for this process though. The information in runways.csv looks fine (runway headings are correct, no 'zeros'). Runways.txt also has the correct information. Can't think why PFE ATC is using 'runway zero'...

I haven't done anything yet about the voice sets...

My CTDs (by the way) were caused by my Saitek X52 not liking (to say the least!) Intel's USB3.0 controllers. This is a known issue, it seems. For now I have disabled USB3.0 on my PC (no problem, as I only use the PC for FS9 & FSX), but I have downloaded alternative (ASMedia) USB3.0 drivers which I may get around to installing at some stage... Just a heads up for anyone interested!

Martin
Rerun makerwys and then do a database rebuild. That has been known to fix the rwy zero glitch.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi. I've done that at least three times over the past few weeks (as I have added new scenery). I'm afraid it hasn't stopped the runway zero calls (which occur, I repeat, only from time to time, but not at just one or two specific airports).

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:07 pm

martinlest wrote:
Hi. I've done that at least three times over the past few weeks (as I have added new scenery). I'm afraid it hasn't stopped the runway zero calls (which occur, I repeat, only from time to time, but not at just one or two specific airports).
You need to make a note of at what airports this error occurs, what the rwy designation should be e.g. rwy36. Also whether the error is persistent at offending airports and then provide Dave with a log. I've never had this error myself in PFE.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Yes, that will take some time, but I'll note down the instances in future. Thanks.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: