One users way of working with PFE call signs

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Dave March
Post subject: One users way of working with PFE call signs
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:56 pm
Site Admin

From User S0436

A few anomalies and suggestions that I have found so far:

SN Brussels Airlines (as a substitute for the newly formed Brussels Airlines as that is not in the PFE callsign list). Callsign = SN-Brussels. ICAO code = DAT

Regional Express (REX). Callsign = Not "Rex" but in PFE it is "Hazelton". ICAO code = HZL.

Qantas Link. Callsign = No "Sunstate" callsign in PFE, so I guess "Qantas" is the next best thing. ICAO code = For this substitute to work you'll need to use the Qantas ICAO code of "QFA"

-----------------------------------

So to change callsigns for airlines that are not supported by PFE, the following steps should do it, but please do at your own risk. This is using FSX, but I guess it's pretty similar to FS9.

1. Get the bgl file for the AI in question from scenery/world/scenery. Backup. Copy to the folder where you have TrafficTools by Lee Swordy and decompile, you'll have 3 txt files then.

2. As an example, I will change Qantas Link so it goes from a phonetic callsign to the "Qantas" callsign. Go to simobjects/aircraft, find the folders in question, one example I had was WoA_PAI_DH8D folder. Open the aircraft.cfg and look for the following bit, I've just pasted the relevant entries that need changing:-

title=WoA_PAI_DH8D_SSQ-QantasLink
texture=SSQ-QantasLink
ATC_airline=Sunstate
ui_variation=QantasLink

So change the above to the following:-

title=WoA_PAI_DH8D_QFA-Qantas
texture=QFA-Qantas
ATC_airline=Qantas
ui_variation=Qantas

You'll see I have deleted all mention of "QantasLink", changed the ICAO code from SSQ to QFA, which I assume is what FSUIPC reads to generate the callsign. I also prudely changed the texture name so again no mention of QantasLink was made, so remember to rename your texture folder. And atc_airline and ui_variation. I don't know if it is all needed, but I did it to err on the side of caution. But the actual aircraft and texture is still Qantas Link, it's just masqueraded as a Qantas aircraft.

3. Go back to your 3 TrafficTools generated text files. In the aircraft.txt file make sure the bit in between the " " matches the new "title=" in your modified aircraft.cfg file above.

4. Compile with TrafficTools, take the bgl back to scenery/world/scenery and overwrite but make you sure you have a backup somewhere just in case of your original one. And then load up FSX.

I sat at Kingsford Smith and observed a DH8 Qantas Link being called "Qantas 1153" and there were no problems with movement.

Note from Dave March:

This is not my post, it was compiled by user S0436 at the AVSIM forum before it was hacked, it was moved here for all to see.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: