OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

From User S0436

A few anomalies and suggestions that I have found so far:

SN Brussels Airlines (as a substitute for the newly formed Brussels Airlines as that is not in the PFE callsign list). Callsign = SN-Brussels. ICAO code = DAT

Regional Express (REX). Callsign = Not "Rex" but in PFE it is "Hazelton". ICAO code = HZL.

Qantas Link. Callsign = No "Sunstate" callsign in PFE, so I guess "Qantas" is the next best thing. ICAO code = For this substitute to work you'll need to use the Qantas ICAO code of "QFA"

-----------------------------------

So to change callsigns for airlines that are not supported by PFE, the following steps should do it, but please do at your own risk. This is using FSX, but I guess it's pretty similar to FS9.

1. Get the bgl file for the AI in question from scenery/world/scenery. Backup. Copy to the folder where you have TrafficTools by Lee Swordy and decompile, you'll have 3 txt files then.

2. As an example, I will change Qantas Link so it goes from a phonetic callsign to the "Qantas" callsign. Go to simobjects/aircraft, find the folders in question, one example I had was WoA_PAI_DH8D folder. Open the aircraft.cfg and look for the following bit, I've just pasted the relevant entries that need changing:-

title=WoA_PAI_DH8D_SSQ-QantasLink
texture=SSQ-QantasLink
ATC_airline=Sunstate
ui_variation=QantasLink

So change the above to the following:-

title=WoA_PAI_DH8D_QFA-Qantas
texture=QFA-Qantas
ATC_airline=Qantas
ui_variation=Qantas

You'll see I have deleted all mention of "QantasLink", changed the ICAO code from SSQ to QFA, which I assume is what FSUIPC reads to generate the callsign. I also prudely changed the texture name so again no mention of QantasLink was made, so remember to rename your texture folder. And atc_airline and ui_variation. I don't know if it is all needed, but I did it to err on the side of caution. But the actual aircraft and texture is still Qantas Link, it's just masqueraded as a Qantas aircraft.

3. Go back to your 3 TrafficTools generated text files. In the aircraft.txt file make sure the bit in between the " " matches the new "title=" in your modified aircraft.cfg file above.

4. Compile with TrafficTools, take the bgl back to scenery/world/scenery and overwrite but make you sure you have a backup somewhere just in case of your original one. And then load up FSX.

I sat at Kingsford Smith and observed a DH8 Qantas Link being called "Qantas 1153" and there were no problems with movement.

Note from Dave March:

This is not my post, it was compiled by user S0436 at the AVSIM forum before it was hacked, it was moved here for all to see.

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!