OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New user with a few questions

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
dtsakiris
Post subject: New user with a few questions
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:37 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to PFE, and I must say, until now this is the add-on with the steepest learning curve I have experienced - I haven't correctly completed a flight as of yet, and it's not due to the lack of trying! But the program is very promising, so I'm keeping at it.

Eventually, I'm hoping to be able to use PFE together with MCE. Regarding that, I have a question: If I check the "Game Commander" option in PF2000, and set the pilot's voice to "None" in PFE, and I then in-game switch to VCP mode 2, will I hear the VCP, or will he have no voice?

Then there's a feature request: It would be very cool if one could change the Game Commander Hotkey to a different one, or even better to a joystick button!

Also, I might have found a bug: The setting "Use transition altitude for VFR max" resets itself when I return to the previous screen. Or is that normal...?

Thanks!

Dimitri

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: New user with a few questions
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:07 pm
Site Admin

Hi Dimitri,
Quote:
If I check the "Game Commander" option in PF2000, and set the pilot's voice to "None" in PFE, and I then in-game switch to VCP mode 2, will I hear the VCP, or will he have no voice?
With GC setting you will not hear the PNF voice
Quote:
Then there's a feature request: It would be very cool if one could change the Game Commander Hotkey to a different one, or even better to a joystick button!
You can already change Hotkey settings
Quote:
Also, I might have found a bug: The setting "Use transition altitude for VFR max" resets itself when I return to the previous screen. Or is that normal...?
Works absolutely fine here!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi Dave,

thank you for your reply.
dmarch wrote:
With GC setting you will not hear the PNF voice
Okay...is there a configuration, where one doesn't hear ones own voice (VCP mode 0), but one does hear the VCP voice (VCP mode 2 e.g.)? That way, I could give voice commands via MCE and not have PFE repeat them, but also switch the VCP mode to 2 and listen to "him" handle the radio.
dmarch wrote:
You can already change Hotkey settings
Can I change it to use a joystick button?
dmarch wrote:
Works absolutely fine here!
I'm sorry, I wasn't very precise... What happens when you reload the adventure? In my case, I can change the ""Use transition altitude for VFR max" setting, but when I (re)load the adventure and check the setting, it's back to default.

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Dave,
I am also interested in Dimitri's questions, as I am considering purchasing PFE to use with MCE, as an alternative to RC4, but am unsure what options / settings there are to best use MCE with PFE.
For instance, if VCP mode 2 is set, and GC is also ticked, although as you say one would not hear the PNF, would PFE still hear / accept the ackowledgement from the 'dumb' PNF?

Any advice would be appreciated in how to best use MCE voice commands with PFE, having VCP FO handle COMMS, as would happen in real life.

Cheers,
Stuart

Cheers,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Dave,
Another question: I fly for the FlyUK VA, whose callsign is Skyways. Are VAs catered for in the Airline list or is it possible to add to the list. Also does ATC in PFE use the Airline or their callsign name e.g. BA should be "Speedbird", Easyjet should be 'Easy' and in FlyUKs case it would be " Skyways"?
Cheers,
Stuart

Cheers,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 pm

I don't recall VA's being in the ATC dropdown list for callsigns, maybe Dave M can clarify.

SpeedBird,Easy,Channex etc are used not the airline.

If FlyUK isn't in then use "None" and just your flight number would be used,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks for the advice Dave.
Stuart

Cheers,