OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Problems with runways

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Charter
Post subject: Problems with runways
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:33 am

Use iFly B-737 (in FS9) and purchase scenarios (only). Update the navigation database regularly. Noticed that the runways in PFE do not correspond to reality at some airports. Why and how to fix it?

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: Problems with runways
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:41 am

Charter wrote:
Update the navigation database regularly. Noticed that the runways in PFE do not correspond to reality at some airports. Why and how to fix it?

PFE gets it s runway data from the "makerunways" utility that you run when you first installed PFE. You should also re-run it after adding any new afcad/scenery. This means PFE uses the same runway information that is in your sim.

If the runways do not conform with "reality" it is because your scenery does not either !

You do not want the ATC and your scenery to be out of sync, otherwise you will get instructed to takeoff or land at a runway that does not exist.

This is one of the downsides of regularly updating the navdata for an aircraft FMC. I understand the dilemma....if you dont update the FMC you may have a problem when using flight planning tools that rely on an up to date navdata. But when you do update the navdata you can experience the problem you describe in your post. No easy way round it unless you want to edit many airports to renumber the runways or add new ones.

Peter

Profile Quote
Charter
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:08 am

I can to renumber the runways or add new ones in PFE?

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 am

Charter wrote:
I can to renumber the runways or add new ones in PFE?
No, you cannot do that in PFE, and like I said above you would not want to, otherwise you be told to take off from a runway that does not exist.

You can however edit the airports in FS9 to change the runway numbering/add new runways/change navaid requencies or add new navaids. Then when you run "makerunways" PFE will have the new information in its database.

You need to use ADE (Airport Design Editor) to edit afcads in FS9 and make sure you backup your files first. You will need to do some research as I think if you add a new runway you may need to add "approaches" also or PFE may have trouble directing you to the new runway. You will also need to add taxiways, so this is no small endevour. I would experiment with a small default airport first that has only one runway, which you can "close" after you add another to test your work.

To be honest I am not sure it is worth it....your new runway is going to look very odd if it ends up in the middle of a field !

Peter

Profile Quote
Charter
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:43 am

I agree, thank you!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: