OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hotkey slot problem

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Davefin
Post subject: Hotkey slot problem
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi, I have been using PFE for some time without any problems until last night. I fired up flight sim and went through my usual routine of planning a flight but when I went to connect PFE to Flight sim, I recieved a warning. This said that there were not enough Hotkey slots available for PFE and that I should stop and restart Flight Sim and try again. This I did all night but got the same message, I even tried old flights and they got the same message. This just came out of the blue, one day it was working perfectly the next it wasn't. Any help would be much appreciated, I m lost flying without PFE. I am using FS9 with XP and SP3.

Regrads,
David Finlay

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Hotkey slot problem
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:10 pm
Site Admin

Hi David,

Well something must have changed... perhaps you've installed a new add-on? PFE cannot simply stop working.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Davefin
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
I haven't installed any new scenery that I can think of. No idea why it stopped working and I miss it as it is something that I rarely fly without. I'll rebuild the database again and see if that cures the problem just in case. Failing that I guess a re-install may be in order, the installation may have become corruppted.

Regards,
David

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 am
Site Admin

David,

The installation cannot become corrupted. The message regarding hotkeys is usually as a result of something else happening to stop PFE running and then restarting PFE without restarting FS and then you would have to do that a few times, dependant on how many hotkeys you have configured as being 'active'.

What about FSUIPC.... I assume that is still available and that you're running the latest version?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Davefin
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi, sorry for the delay in answering.
I have the most recent version of FSUIPC installled. I have been fiddling around with PFE over the weekend and I think it may be nothing more than a corrupt flight plan. The flight plan I had been trying to use was from Edinburgh to Rome, any time I selected that flight I got the warning and PFE would shut down. If I restarted it I could not select any other flights without getting the same error. Tried selecting a different flight and it hooked up nor problems every time. I the tried the Rome flight again and the error returned so I deleted the flight. I haven't had time to try this theory out properly as I was away over the weekend but I'll give it a go later and see if I am right. Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Regards,
David Finlay

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 am
Site Admin

Hi David,

If you still have a copy of that flight plan I would appreciate you forwarding it to me via email so I can check it out as there 'may' be something I can do to prevent such issues going forward.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
FlyTweety
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm

I had the same problem until yesterday.
It seem appear, if a Hotkey is assigned twice.

Are you using AES from Aerosoft/Oliver Pabst ?
It (or the Tool Vistamare) uses the Hotkey "CTRL+SHIFT+W", as well as PFE.
Since i changed my PFE assignement to "CTRL+SHIFT+Q", the error has never been there again.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: