OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Sound; selection of sources; split sound;

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
GeorgS
Post subject: Sound; selection of sources; split sound;
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Dear Dave,

First of all: This is a one of the best products ever seen in FS since 95!!! (I know we all are aware of that, but it has to be said…)

Playing with ideas of sound-setting leads to the following question: If I would have two sound-cards or an USB sound adapter, would it be possible for PFE to let me pick which sound-card I want to use?
Don’t think so, but would be nice to have to address different speakers: One pair for usual FS-sounds, the other pair or headset for PFE-ATC.

Best regards from Vienna
Georg

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Sound; selection of sources; split sound;
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:28 am
Site Admin

Hi Georg

At the moment, no, but having said that I'm sure someone on the forum did something like that. Have a search around.

Thanks for the nice comments too ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
GeorgS
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Dave,

Found some similar techniques in the net/this forum using a second PC in a network. Running PFE on the second machine enables to adress the speakers of the secong PC.

But a second sound card on one PC would only work, if PFE itself allows to pick to which sound card the sound is going.
As by now this is only possible in Vista, where you can select sound-cards per applications for single sessions.
But in XP?

May be some of our sound-gurus have another idea...

Best
Georg

Profile Quote
Mikeyankeevictor
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Using the sound settings in FSX (voice to headset, other sounds to speakers) puts PFE in the headset and engines etc in the speakers. Sound wise, I think the best solution is to run PFE on the main computer with FSX (so the PFE ATC is on the headset) and to run FDC on a second computer so that cockpit chat, flight attendants etc can be through speakers. Only problem is it takes half a day to set up before you can fly...

Profile Quote
GeorgS
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Mikeyankeevictor wrote:
Using the sound settings in FSX (voice to headset, other sounds to speakers) puts PFE in the headset and engines etc in the speakers. Sound wise, I think the best solution is to run PFE on the main computer with FSX (so the PFE ATC is on the headset) and to run FDC on a second computer so that cockpit chat, flight attendants etc can be through speakers. Only problem is it takes half a day to set up before you can fly...
... maybe at last one argument to switch to FSX for jet-pilots :-)
Thanks for your input!

Georg

Profile Quote
Baman
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello,

You could try this:

http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/eng/index.html or Google Quick Sound Switch

Not sure if it will do the job or not, I don't use it. I use a separate PC as mentioned above.

Best

Dave
PFE/FDC Beta Tester

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: