OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ILS approach

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
toriu
Post subject: ILS approach
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 am

I am having problems with the ILS at different airports when using PFE/FDC. PFE informs me glide slope is captured but the ILS will not controle the aircraft vertically,only laterally. I assumed it was a problem with FSX until tonight when I tested it without PFE/FDC and it worked perfectly. Any help will be appreciated.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ILS approach
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:54 am
Site Admin

PFE doesn't give that call, that comes from FDC. Neither program would prevent you capturing the glidslope unless you have FDC configured to turn the AP off at some point.

I'm assuming your speed is correct and you're under the GS, etc, etc. Once the LOC is established you should then hit the APP or if APP is already on I find on some aircraft you need to turn it off for a split second and then back on again. None of this, however, has anything to do with PFE or FDC

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 pm

Just backing up what Dave has said,PFE will tell you to descend on the ILS and to contact Tower when established on the ILS etc.

If you FDC then your co-pilot will call this,Localizer captured or Glideslope captured when in range.

You need to manually tune the Nav 1 to receive the ILS,especially with 3rd party a/c like Leveld 767,once you have been given the runway,goto your FMC and look for Dep/Arr button,click on it and look for the arrival runway,enter it and the Nav1 will be loaded with the freq,that should capture your Loc and Glideslope.
Hope this makes it a bit clearer for you,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Dave Leesley wrote:
Just backing up what Dave has said,PFE will tell you to descend on the ILS and to contact Tower when established on the ILS etc.

If you FDC then your co-pilot will call this,Localizer captured or Glideslope captured when in range.

You need to manually tune the Nav 1 to receive the ILS,especially with 3rd party a/c like Leveld 767,once you have been given the runway,goto your FMC and look for Dep/Arr button,click on it and look for the arrival runway,enter it and the Nav1 will be loaded with the freq,that should capture your Loc and Glideslope.
Hope this makes it a bit clearer for you,
Thanks Dave and Dave. I have no problem receiving the ILS,the problem is when I use PFE/FDC the glide slope will not control the aircraft vertically. It will control it laterally.This means I have to turn off the autopilot and land manually. As I said, it works perfectly if I disable PFE/FDC.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

What aircraft are you using thats not working correctly with PFE and FDC?

Try this in FS,goto Aircraft-Realism settings-General i have it slide all the way to the left,this maybe of some help you to you or it may not... ;)

Just also had a thought.....do you still have Altitude button lit on your a/c,what i mean is do you have it activated at the altitude PFE gave you for approach,if so turn it off..

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Make sure that when/as you capture the ILS your are below the glide slope marker. (you should only allow the AP to capture the ILS when both flags are absent on the HSI). Otherwise it won't work and you will have to disconnect the AP and pedal down to the rwy yourself. If you still have a problem even doing this then it is most likely a fault in the aircraft model or cfg. file.
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Dave Leesley wrote:
What aircraft are you using thats not working correctly with PFE and FDC?

Try this in FS,goto Aircraft-Realism settings-General i have it slide all the way to the left,this maybe of some help you to you or it may not... ;)

Just also had a thought.....do you still have Altitude button lit on your a/c,what i mean is do you have it activated at the altitude PFE gave you for approach,if so turn it off..
(1) The FSX default B747-400.

(2) Do you mean the Aircraft slider on the Display settings page,the first page?

(3) If I turn off The altitude button the aircraft heads for terra firma, it's at this point I have to disengage the autopilot and land manually.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: