OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC Taxiing instructions

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
vololiberista
Post subject: ATC Taxiing instructions
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:40 pm

There is a miss match in the way that taxiway designations are called out by ATC and by the co-pilot. The co-pilot calls the designators correctly whereas ATC does not.
For example: The co-pilot will say "Bear left on Charlie Papa One" [CP 1] spoken with correct intonation. But ATC when giving the route to the rwy will say "charlie.........papa.........one" [C][P][1] giving the impression that they are all separate taxiways and not one. I'm sure that the way the voice commands are constructed would allow for this to be corrected.
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ATC Taxiing instructions
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am
Site Admin

The phrase "Charlie Papa One" is constructed by three separately recorded wav files... the reason why your VCP sounds better is probably because the voice set used has had those wav files trimmed better that the voice set you heard in ATC. The code to play these wav files is common to both, so if one sounds right and one sounds wrong it is the actual voice set. If the voice set in question is causing you a problem you can easily identify it and exclude it from being used in the future.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: