OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS Gauge questions..

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: TGS Gauge questions..
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:46 pm

I just wondered if anyone has the TGS gauge installed into their cockpits and has it working? If so, what is your 'trick'? It did work for me for about the first day after I bought PFE, but the gauge never shows any sign of life now at all. Pity - a nice feature, if it worked. I do have the alternative gauge on my desktop but I have to minimise other windows to see it.

Also wondering why I get sent so many times to some remote part of an airport for takeoff? I run the database update, updating the makerunways/runways.csv file first, but so often I am lead to the 'departure point' when, in fact, I am in the middle of NE Parking, or wherever. Obviously, in practice, I don't follow TGS if it's sending me somewhere odd, but where does the programme get these odd ideas as to where the runway ends are? They correspond to nothing in any AFCAD I open (3rd. party or default): as far as I can see, the information in runways.csv looks correct... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: TGS Gauge questions..
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Got sometime off from thursday onwards,i'll have a better look at TGS as i wrote the section about the TGS ;)
I to use the standalone gauge which is very good and reliable,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 am

That would be great Dave! Good luck...

Yes, the TGS desktop 'gadget' works well (even if it sends me to bizarre take-off spots quite often - a different issue of course), but as I say, I have to minimise both FNav and Google Earth/FS Earth on my 2nd monitor to be able to see it, and minimising the latter causes FS9 (in full screen mode on the main monitor) to disappear down to the task bar, so it's hardly ideal. Having the cockpit TGS gauge working would be excellent! Could you post back here with any progress?

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:28 pm

I'll let you know,also run FS in windowed mode to the fullest extent not full screen and then click to hide taskbar,that's how i use FS ;)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Hmmm, to be honest I don't like windowed mode at all.. I get much better flight experiences and visuals in full screen mode.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Hopefully i've solved the issue,had some good results with the gauge...will let you know the outcome when i've finished,sometime in early January...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Wow! That's great, well done!! Thanks for the update Dave,

M

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:26 pm

So far i've tested the gauge in PMDG 737NG,I-fly 737NGX and Wilco 737 PIC with the gauge installed into a sub panel and have had 100% success with it showing in both FS2004 and FSX.
The TGS gauge is currently installed into the AFT Overhead Panel in all my 737 Fleet,so i just drag the panel down in front of the Main panel so i can see through the window when taxiing.
If you have FS Panel Studio for FSX from http://www.flight1.com this will help you greatly as i use this all the time.
When i'm done with all my aircraft in my fleet i'll post back here with my final results,of what shows and what doesn't...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:00 pm

OK, thanks Dave. I only ever use PFE in FS9 in fact (& FSX for general GA flying). Will try installation into cockpits as you advise once you are finished and send installation instructions. (Can start with the (FS9) PMDG 737NGs).

BTW, I suppose you are talking about having the stand-alone gauge in the cockpit (I tried setting this up as a new window in the panel.cfg file, but was unsuccessful myself), not the (very chic!) little black gauge that you add to the main cockpit window in panel.cfg (but which never seems to come to life)?

Martin

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Is it possible to have the TGS gauge visible in the virtual cockpit?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: