Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Wait on Holdingpoint

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
david19
Post subject: Wait on Holdingpoint
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 am

Hello guys! :P

I have 2 problems,

1. I can not hear the cominications other pilots/planes and atc on the comm frec :cry: . I can only hear my co-pilot and atc.

2. I have the "freeze" scenery for LSZH. When i taxi to holdingpoint rwy 16, then i wait i wait i wait.And other planes make no depatures from rwy 16. The rwy 28 is no proplem. I dont know the problem. But when i make disable the freeze scenery, then all planes make depatures on rwy16. I think the problem is in the scenery with PFE :cry:

Please help

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Wait on Holdingpoint
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi,

1: When do you not hear communications between Pilots/Planes,on the ground or in the air?

2:Some freeware scenery isn't always the best,unless it's done by a pro who does a smaller version for free like Gary Summons,now is scenery is excellent.

The problem lies within the FREEZ bgl file,i suggest going down to www.aerosoft and purchasing a descent scenery package that will work,unless you know how to mess with the files,there is no problem with PFE if it's reading your default LSZH scenery file(s)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
JET 1
Post subject: Re: Wait on Holdingpoint
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Dave Leesley wrote:
Hi,
2:Some freeware scenery isn't always the best,unless it's done by a pro who does a smaller version for free like Gary Summons,now is scenery is excellent.

The problem lies within the FREEZ bgl file,i suggest going down to http://www.aerosoft and purchasing a descent scenery package that will work,unless you know how to mess with the files,there is no problem with PFE if it's reading your default LSZH scenery file(s)
Dave, mind you that while it is indeed true in some cases that freeware isn't the BEST (in what terms?), what you say is a little strong and there are freeware sceneries that are downright excellent and payware quality. IMHO, FreeZ is one of them. Buying a payware airport is NOT always the solution.

I have not played around with FreeZ lately, but it sounds like it may be a confict between how the runways are set up in the AFCAD file, and which runways PFE uses. If some runways are closed in FreeZ AFCAD, it's probably intentional to conform better with real world operations. I remember that in reality, LSZH favors RWY28 for departures and RWY 14 for landings.

Additionally, FS does not handle multiple runways very well. LSZH has three runways. For example, at my home airport EFHK there are also three and it is downright impossible to get the AI to use real-life correct runways no matter what the wind and what is set in the AFCAD.

I can't really offer any other solution except to make sure you have rebuilt the PFE data after installation of FreeZ. You can also ask for a different runway from PFE.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: