OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

xpack and xpack2 installed but not activated in options

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
s0436
Post subject: xpack and xpack2 installed but not activated in options
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Everything installed in the right folders, install steps followed. I've done the "rectify bad installation" steps too. I am on 2.11.1 PFE, in the options page the xpack box is not activated.

I had it all running fine a few weeks ago, but I had to uninstall and then reintall PFE because of an unrelated bad registry issue on my computer last week.

Profile Quote
s0436
Post subject: Re: xpack and xpack2 installed but not activated in options
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm

And I followed the steps in the "problem with installing xpack" post but no luck.

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 pm

The voicepackv100.exe installer is 522mb yet when I went through the setup wizard after selecting the PFE folder it took about 2 seconds to install. That can't be right.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:44 am

I reckon you will have to uninstall the XPack,make sure you have any AV and Firewall turned off and reinstall.
I just had to reinstall PFE all because of a Norton update that deleted the TGS.exe from my system,so reinstalled the lot with protection turned off,otherwise Norton interferes with it big time...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 am

I've tried installing it with AV/firewall off and it still doesn't work. I think I need the files separately and then put them into the relevant folders manually.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:28 pm

This is what i would do,
uninstall PFE,delete any folders it leaves behind,manually download all the updates to your PC.
Run a registry checker,then reinstall PFE but before you do make sure any AV like Norton is configured to leave PFE alone,if you purchased it from Aerosoft you should be able to install the lot without connecting to the internet.
if this doesn't work then it could be more problematic,try this for now

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 pm

I don't think there is any conflict with my AV and PFE because I can do the automatic updates without any problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled PFE twice yesterday and I'm not doing it again. I can extract the voicepackversion100.exe into cab files etc, so all I need to know is where to manually put the files.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

s0436 wrote:
I don't think there is any conflict with my AV and PFE because I can do the automatic updates without any problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled PFE twice yesterday and I'm not doing it again. I can extract the voicepackversion100.exe into cab files etc, so all I need to know is where to manually put the files.
I can still auto update with Norton,but it still deletes TGS.exe from my system if i don't configure it first to leave PFE alone,now before you installed PFE did you tell your AV to leave PFE alone or not..
Now you say in your first post it was running okay until you had a registry problem,by the sounds of it i think you still have a problem...with your PC

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:56 pm

I've set the AV to ignore PFE, but I still can't install the voicepackv100.exe. Other exe files work normally too, it seems the voicepack.exe one from aerosoft that I downloaded is corrupt.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:39 pm

If it's been corrupted during the download,switch off AV and Firewall and try downloading again,or contact aerosoft to see if they have any other ideas..

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: