OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Newbie Questions/Problems

Post Reply   Page 1 of 8  [ 71 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 58 »
martinlest
Post subject: Newbie Questions/Problems
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi (again!). I have watched the setup videos and they were very helpful. I am pretty sure, having run through the various stages, that I have PFE set up as it should be (converting flight plans, creating the new PFE database etc... All ran fine and according to the videos.

But I still have a problem when I choose an adv flight and connect to FS9 (I am not going to try PFE in FSX until I feel I have the hang of it!):

1. My pilot's and ATC voices are still the default FS9 voices. I suppose I should be hearing PFE voice sets when I ask for clearance and so on.
2. When I connect to FS via PF2000E, my keyboard no longer functions - I can't select ATC responses via 1, 2, 3 etc. Same with my N52 Keypad, which I use to control a lot of other functions in FS. I do have an ATC cockpit gauge in many of my a/c, with the numbers 1-9 & 0 (i expect you will know the one I mean) and I can select ATC options with that, but that's not very convenient, to say the least (as I need the mouse of course). When I disconnect PF2000E from FS, keyboard functions return to normal.
3. I do get PFE voices for ATIS (plus the 'intro' static), but on top of the FS9 ATIS, both running together.

No doubt I am at fault, but having scoured the pdf files in vain (I haven't read them from cover to cover yet), I am going to ask here. What am I doing wrong (and how do I get my keyboard function back)?

Is there a tutorial anywhere which runs through what you need to set up as a bare basic to have PFE ATC in FS9? As far as I can see from the printed manual I am doing everything listed, but with no result. I downloaded and started watching the five EGPF to KEWR videos, but that starts with PFE already set up and the voices and messages working in FS. Same with the four PFE+FDC videos: they just seem to show the programmes working together, but I haven't even got PFE to work yet, let alone have it work alongside FDC.

Many thanks for your help. I'll get to grips with this just as soon as I am able!!!

I have made a zip file of my logs, but I can't see how to upload it ....

Martin

Log files are here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3234518735/Logs.rar

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Newbie Questions/Problems
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi Martin,

Can't answer all of your questions, but to disable default ATC in FS9, do the following:
1. Settings, Sound, UNCHECK the "air traffic control" box.
2. Settings, Air Traffic Control, UNCHECK all of the boxes.

Dan

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:45 pm

OK, done! Thanks.. :-)

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Under General tab in FSUIPC.ini.....add the line RemoveATC=Yes,otherwise you will get a CTD of ATC.dll

Can i just point out with Dan's post,i move the sliders to Zero for sound and leave ATC checked....i have done as Dan did,but received CTD's,since doing the above, i haven't had any ATC.dll CTD's for a few years now :D

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

OK, thanks Dave. I had already tried Dan's solution, with no CTD, but I will change to what you suggest, just in case. Do I still need to add the FSUIPC line if I do it that way? I guess not...

So... I now get PFE ATIS fine, with the static effect first, but I have no ATC or pilot voices in the sim at all. The ATC is working, as the prompts on the ATC window change as normal, but all in silence. I have the pilots and ATC voices chosen in the setup and my folder ...\PFE\FS2000\Adv\Wav has over 2Gbs of wav file in it, in various folders.

Also, I still can't get my keyboard or Nostromo N52 to function when PF2000E is connected to FS9. That is quite a problem! I hope someone will be able to tell me what is wrong: I can't fly FS with no keyboard input... I assume no one else has this 'feature'?

Thanks!

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm

(I gave the wrong impression above: the keyboard still works for functions like P=Pause, Views & Apostrophe bringing up ATC window... but the numbers 0-9 no longer function to control ATC (same with N52)).

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 pm

martinlest wrote:

So... I now get PFE ATIS fine, with the static effect first, but I have no ATC or pilot voices in the sim at all. The ATC is working, as the prompts on the ATC window change as normal, but all in silence.

Thanks!
Just to be clear, you are not trying to use the FS9 ATC functions (from the key @') are you? When you say "the prompts change as normal" it sounds like you are.

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 am

You are saying that I don't use the FS9 ATC window to interact with ATC?? Yes, I guess that's what I am doing, but so far I have seen nothing that has told me to do something different... so I am totally confused.

How do you ask ATC for clearance, permission to taxi etc. in PFE then? I am one of those people who likes to learn by doiing rather than reading, but knowing that that was not going to work too well with PFE, I've watched Dave's videos and read quite a lot of the manual and pdfs but have seen nothing that touches on this. Which bit of which manual should I be looking at?

They said that PFE was a steep learning curve compared to RC4 (and I'll get the hang of it eventually I suppose, but at the moment I am rather lost and can't get anything in FS9 apart from ATIS reports)...

Thanks, I do appreciate people's help here....

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 am

I've looked through PF2K Commands at the back of the manual BTW, but pressing the 0, 1, 2, 3 keys does nothing. Or maybe that's because I have the FS9 ATC window open?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 am

You do not use the FS9 ATC window; it should not be open. Start FS9, select your flight, and position your aircraft. Then start PFE and load the flight plan you have compiled according to Dave L.'s video. (Click the "Select New ADV" button and select your flight plan; it should be listed after you have compiled it.) After you load the flight plan in PFE, the "Connect to FS" button will light up. Click it to connect PFE to FS. Then return to FS9 and you should see a window open up with origin, destination, and transition altitude info for your flight. Do not open the FS9 ATC window. Press 0 (zero). The window should give you clearance frequency info and you will need to manually tune your comm radio to clearance and press 0 to contact clearance. (I would suggest you use CP mode 2 at least for now, so your comms will be handled automatically for you from that point on.)

Dan

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 8  [ 71 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 58 »
Jump to: