Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE missing waypoints

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Jure
Post subject: PFE missing waypoints
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 am

Hi,

I've been using PFE for quite a while now and I really like it. Most of the time it works great, but sometimes, it seems to have a mind of it's own. :)

1. PFE doesn't detect passing waypoints. Happens every now and then and on such occasions I use the "Direct to" function which is GREAT! Thank you very much indeed for this added function in PFE! Most of the time PFE catches it's breath and after a "Direct to" detects further WPs without trouble, but there are times where nothing helps and in the end, when close to my destination, I would simply request a "direct to" to the destination arpt so I get handed off to approach. Yesterday, however, I had an interesting case where PFE was lagging behind. Inspite a few "Direct to" calls, PFE was constantly two to three waypoints behind my actual position. Maybe this is connected to....

2. ... where I took off from EDDF, Frankfurt, where I do not get any instructions for taxi. I am using Aerosoft's 2005 EDDF and for a while all was ok and then, suddenly, I would only get "Taxi to rwy 07" or "Taxi to gate". I haven't changed anything at EDDF and sure cannot find the reason for this strange behaviour. Any ideas? Oh and I do use Aerosoft's AES, too, if that has anything to do with this.

I still have the log files if needed. It's not a major issue, but I sure am curious why and how PFE misses (a) waypoint(s) which has been overflown pretty accurately without much AI traffic and at normal, 1x speed in the sim.

And last, just to confirm what one other user already reported: namely, often, when rebuilding the database, previously entered SIDs, STARs, parking spaces, transition altitudes don't get saved. I always choose "Save...", of course.

Thank you... :)

Regards,
Jure

Profile Quote
Ray Lunning
Post subject: Re: PFE missing waypoints
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 pm

When waypoints are too close together or too close to the destination or departure point they get dropped..by default...These settings are in the PF2000.cfg file (I think)

I always rebuild my DB after adding an airport...and hafe no problems..except.. I have two addon airports fy FlightZone..Portland Org. and Providence RI in the USA.....No matter what I do or try the TGS will not function at these airports...

So this is not a PFE problem...Something in the way these airports are built doesn't function as other airports do...

Ray Lunning

Ray Lunning
PFE and FDC beta tester

Profile Quote
Jure
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Ray,

thanks for your answer... I am flying EDDF-KJFK again and surely, this cannot be right? The list of Centers looks like this:
("suspicious" ones are in bold)

--------------------------
Center/Control Information
127.9 - Control
118 - Control
132.45 - Control
134.67 - Copenhagen Control
125.05 - Oslo Control
135.45 - Hannover Radar
119.87 - Scottish Control
124.7 - Shannon Control
131.15 - Shannon Control
126.25 - Scottish Control
119.8 - Reykjavik Control
119.7 - Reykjavik Control
123.95 - Shanwick Oceanic
119.7 - Reykjavik Control
123.77 - Scottish Control
123.95 - Shanwick Oceanic
132.1 - Gander Center
134.9 - Edmonton Center <--- Edmonton in Canada?
127.65 - Boston Center
134.9 - Edmonton Center

This is the GPS route from PFE\FS2000\Adv:

EDDF TOBAK MONAX BATTY TERLA BUB DENUT LAM WELIN TNT POL MARGO GOW TIR ETSOM ERAKA 5820N 5732N 5638N
5446N DOTTY TOPPS BGR ENE ASPEN PVD TRAIT PARCH CCC ROBER KJFK

I am nowhere near Norway or Denmark and the same goes for Edmonton center.

Is this a result of PF2000 not compiling a FP correctly? Could this also be the reason for PFE not recognizing waypoints? TOBAK was the first to be dropped and after a "Direct to" PFE was able to follow for a while, then got stuck again over England while I was chatting to Hannover radar!?

Thanks for your patience. :)

Regards,
Jure

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:34 pm
Site Admin

Hi Jure,

Next time PFE 'loses' a waypoint please send me the log file.

With regard to strange control facilities I would like to see the original flight plan for that flight please.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axel H
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi,

by the way the air traffic control centers are sometimes "a little bit" off their original limits. But as far as I know it is not possible to reassign their borders by editing.

But would be fine, also to get some new in Eastern Europe or even Asia e.g.

Kind regards,

Axel

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Ray Lunning wrote:
When waypoints are too close together or too close to the destination or departure point they get dropped..by default...These settings are in the PF2000.cfg file (I think)

I always rebuild my DB after adding an airport...and hafe no problems..except.. I have two addon airports fy FlightZone..Portland Org. and Providence RI in the USA.....No matter what I do or try the TGS will not function at these airports...

So this is not a PFE problem...Something in the way these airports are built doesn't function as other airports do...

Ray Lunning
If you are referring to the database rebuild problem. It is a PFE problem! More than 50% of the time i have to manually re enter take off landings and sids stars for various airports despite clicking on "yes" to save previous data before I run the database rebuild. So despite "saving user data" it frequently does not!! There must be a hole in the coding
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:24 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
If you are referring to the database rebuild problem. It is a PFE problem! More than 50% of the time i have to manually re enter take off landings and sids stars for various airports despite clicking on "yes" to save previous data before I run the database rebuild. So despite "saving user data" it frequently does not!! There must be a hole in the coding
Vololiberista
Two different issues.... the one you mention is on my list of things to look into

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jure
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi,

"lost" waypoints and strange Center frequencies problem is solved! Dave suggested that I should use English (United Kingdom) settings in Regional settings, then save the flight plan once more, create ADV and go flying. It works like a charm. PFE now catches all waypoints from the flight plan perfectly and correct Centers contact me along the route! :)

Dave, thank you very much!

Regards,
Jure

Profile Quote
WWTowers
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Jure...

WHERE are the SETTINGS that should be changed? I've looked everywhere and can't find them.

I am having a problem with PFE not advancing to the next waypoint when resuming a flight.

Profile Quote
Jure
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 am

Hi,

- press "Start", then "Settings", then "Control Panel"
- Find "Regional and Language Options" and double click the icon
- Under "Regional Options" tab, select "English (United Kingdom)" from the drop-down menu
- Press OK and you're done :)

This is for Windows XP. I haven't a clue about Vista, hate the thing, sorry... 8-)

Regards,
Jure

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: