OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Try Live ATC for added realism

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
sidneyschwartz
Post subject: Try Live ATC for added realism
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:38 am

If you haven't already tried it, I highly recommend the liveatc.com web site. It's free and lets you listen to real-time atc communications at selected airports/centers. Really ups the immersion factor to hear real pilots and controllers referring to the airport and airspace you're at. If you're flying in real time with real weather, you should hear the real controllers using the same runways you are. Very cool. :mrgreen: It's also great practice for developing "radio ears". With PFE's ai chatter going and Live ATC chatter going at the same time, you really have to pay attention to catch instructions intended for you. I'm impressed with how much PFE's ai chatter sounds like the real thing.

While you can use the web site directly, there are also a couple of programs that will act as interfaces between the Live ATC site and FS, allowing you to tune the Live ATC channels on your plane's radios. I don't know if it's allowed to mention specific products here, so I won't. The normal price of the one I bought is around $24 US, but I happened to catch it on sale for about half that. I probably would have thought it too expensive at full price.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: