OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE & Prepar3D

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Axel H
Post subject: PFE & Prepar3D
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 am

Hi,

could anybody please advise if PFE works with Prepar3D? Anybody tried it?

Thanks,

Axel

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: PFE & Prepar3D
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Wouldn't like to say,you could be the "First" to try it....my guess is,if it uses same .bgl's it maybe ok,depends on how it's made though?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axel H
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Dave,

I can confirm it works. Just loaded any flightplan within PFE and connected to Prepar3D. Well, that was flight Munich to London, and start up location in P3D is always Norfolk, VA, but it seems working :)

I must advise that I used the FSX to P3D migration tool for install FSX add-ons in P3D. So PFE was installed before and use with FSX, it detects P3D as FSX due to the migration tool.

Best regards,

Axel

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 am
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my Dumbphone

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Gareth
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 am

Congrats Axel, great to know PFE works with P3D. I am an avid fan of both PFE and P3D.

Now, could I ask your help? My PFE initialises correctly and connects to 'FSX' but appears not to be connected to P3D since no ATC dialogue window pops up in the sim. Would you be so kind as to walk me though the actions you took to get it running? Btw I do have FSUIPC installed OK in P3D. And like you, I have used the FSX to P3D Migrator tool to set up my add-ons in P3D.

In passing, I was somewhat surprised to see so little discussion of PFE with P3D in the forum at this point. Hopefully more PFE users will take a look at P3D if it becomes more mainstream.

Cheers,

Gareth

Profile Quote
AndyF1
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:10 pm

I also managed to get it to work, quite amazing how easy actually just ensure as Axel mentioned to have the migration tool.

Profile Quote
Gareth
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:13 am

Well Axel, it's 9 months since I asked you for a little bit of assistance with this. But no reply I see. Well, at least we all know you got yours working and now we know AndyF1 got his working too. I'm happy for you both.

And I'm sure Dave M was impressed, though I notice many developers are careful to stand back from openly promoting P3D. Personally I removed FSX many months ago as the increasingly outdated and seriously flawed piece of software it is. Not a 'judgement' though, just pure frustration. I spent more hours tweaking and fixing it than enjoying it and decided enough was enough.

To be sure, FSX has had the smell of death about for a long time now. Many of the add-ons are similarly vexing and an exercise in frustration in the end. Maybe I'm getting old ... but with age comes wisdom, or so they say.

Regards

Gareth

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: