OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Can't use old voices with some airlines

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Ralgh
Post subject: Can't use old voices with some airlines
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:06 pm

I flew American Airlines flights with PFE with no problems for a long time. I bought the voice pack and now when I select American Airlines PFE tells me I can't use that airline with the old voices. The only way it will allow me to use American is to select the new voices only. Why can I no longer use the old voices if they worked fine before installing the new ones? I do not have this problem with KLM. (the other airline I fly a lot) Is there a way to get the old voices to work?

Tom Landry

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pasterke
Post subject: Re: Can't use old voices with some airlines
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Q: When I select one of the new call signs to use as my own call sign a message pops up telling me to select one of the new voices for my VCP. WHY? I want to use one of my old favourite voices from the original set.

A: The reason is quite simple... only the new expanded voice sets include the newly recorded 1000+ additional call signs. So if you have an original voice set selected it couldn't possible use a new call sign because the recorded wav file simply isn't there to use. So if you want to use an original voice set for your pilot's voice you have to also use one of the original airline call signs. If you want to use one of the new airline call signs you have to use one of the new voice sets for your pilots voice.

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Ralgh
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm

I guess I'm still having confusion because the American Airlines call sign hasn't changed. It was and still is "American" so it seems it should work with both voice sets. Am I still missing something?

Tom Landry

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm

I think you will only find "old will work with old and new with new",you won't be able to mix and match...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ralgh
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Interesting. It does seem like I can use only old or only new with American which is weird because the call sign hasn't changed. What's also weird is that I can use both old and new at the same time with KLM. I wonder why it behaves differently for the two airlines.

Tom Landry

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: