OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Random Arrival Gate Selection

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Sabretooth78
Post subject: Random Arrival Gate Selection
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:43 pm

I've been noticing some problems with the random parking/gate selections in the Randomizer, at least as it applies to add-on airports. For the departure selection, it seems to work properly but in the arrival section it seems that the listing of gates is only showing those gates present in the FSX default airport.

For instance, using FSDT's KJFK Kennedy Int'l, with the configuration files set to give me a random selection from gates 501 through 524 (JetBlue, Terminal 5), upon selecting a KJFK departure profile it will give me a proper gate and the drop-down will list the other available gates. However, when I select a KJFK arrival, it won't find a gate to match my criteria and the reason why looking at the drop-down shows the list of default gates - for which I have to select something close (Terminal 5 doesn't exist in its present state in default FSX) such as gate C31, and/or modify the reservation manually in PF3.

I've run makerunways.exe (with the add-on sceneries all active, of course) and it everything else that depends upon it seems to work just fine. Is it possible something that I've done is wrong, or is it a bug specific to the arrival profile selection in Randomizer?

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Post subject: Re: Random Arrival Gate Selection
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Nevermind - I figured out what was wrong.

I had "GatesData=" set to "PF3" in the INI when I should have had it set to "FSX". That doesn't explain why it pulled the correct gates for departure, but at least it works as expected now.

Profile Quote
sbsim
Post subject: Re: Random Arrival Gate Selection
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:16 pm

Glad you have resolved it.
Roman

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3 - Randomizer”
Jump to: