OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Presets to share

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
RALF9636
Post subject: Presets to share
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:24 pm

I guess it might be a good idea to start sharing some presets so not everybody has to do the same thing. In particular if somebody starts creating airport specific presets it would be great if those would be shared.

I am starting with a set of generic presets for use with an airliner. There are SIDs and STARs, Directs, speed restrictions, high speed approaches and visual approaches.

I differentiate between small airports with few traffic (less vectoring and speed restrictions, more directs and visuals), medium airports and large airports with heavy traffic (more vectoring and speed restrictions, less directs and visuals).

Another difference is made regarding the type of STAR:
One preset for STARs that are runway specific and lead towards the final approach. You should NOT include theses STAR waypoints in the flightplan loaded in PF3 for the preset to make sense (and to avoid trouble with changing winds).
Another preset for STARs that are not runway specific and end at a waypoint where you have to expect ATC vectors to final. You should include these STAR waypoints in the flightplan loaded in PF3 but do NOT define a Start of STAR on the „Adjust...Flightplan Page“ for the preset to make sense (otherwise you could get a highspeed approach clearance a hundred miles out which would be odd).

Finally there are presets for airports in mountaineous terrain where you don't want to have vectors at all since PF3 does not know the terrain.

I added comments so everything else should be self explanatory.

I don't claim that these are totally realistic procedures or that it should fit everyone's preferences. I just share it to give an idea of what is possible with PF3/PF3Randomizer.

Roman, please shout at me if I totally screwed it up and my presets don't make any sense.

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
PF3R_genericpresets.zip
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 806 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Post subject: Re: Presets to share
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:00 am

Ralf, you are a genius! How did you do all this so fast?? :)
Quote:
Roman, please shout at me if I totally screwed it up and my presets don't make any sense.
Actually, I found there very smart ideas:
  • You use the "heading" variable $h for altitude in the form of FL, e.g. $h(050,150). That is brilliant!!
  • I like your short names, like 'S' for a standard procedure, 'D2F' for direct to FAF, etc. Very efficient!
I notice that you use $s(160,190)2$d(4,6) for "cleared direct to FAF maintain speed (160-190) to (4-6) nm from runway". Randomizer includes an 'easter egg' for this ;) Magic formula 'rigoletto' produces a speed btw. 160-180 and a distance btw. 4-9 with some intelligence, i.e. lower speeds for lower distances and vice versa. Example: 'D2Frigoletto' can give you 'D2F18026', but not 'D2F18024', since this is too fast.

Thank you for sharing! I hope that more will come, since exchanging Presets cannot screw up anything, it helps to see new possibilities.

Roman

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:03 am

sbsim wrote:
How did you do all this so fast?? :)
I've been working on it since you first revealed your concept... ;)

Thanks for the "rigoletto". Any more "easter eggs" to discover?

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:18 am

sbsim wrote:
... but not 'D2F18024', since this is too fast.
It might be a challenge though to do better than the flight crew of OZ214 that day at KSFO... ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Sorry, no more easter eggs at the moment :)

Ralf, my 139 passengers are at the mercy of your SID Preset! If I get one of your very hight-speed approaches in Cairns, it'll be a test! In case I don't survive, take care of this forum, please :D

Roman

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:39 pm

sbsim wrote:
If I get one of your very hight-speed approaches in Cairns, it'll be a test! In case I don't survive, take care of this forum, please :D

Roman
:D
If you can't make it, please do what OZ214 should have done - in time: Go Around!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
sbsim wrote:
If I get one of your very hight-speed approaches in Cairns, it'll be a test! In case I don't survive, take care of this forum, please :D

Roman
:D
If you can't make it, please do what OZ214 should have done - in time: Go Around!
Everything went perfect and we safely landed after being cleared for 'V2A', which means visual "Creek Corridor" approach :D

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:36 am
Site Admin

Sounds like you guys are having fun. I actually had the rear seat in a 1939 Tiger Moth out of Cairns back in 97. We did a lot of aerobatics and then flew over the reef! It was a surprise birthday treat from my wife. I captured it all on video... One day I'll dig out the tape and put it on YouTube

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:32 pm

dmarch wrote:
Sounds like you guys are having fun. I actually had the rear seat in a 1939 Tiger Moth out of Cairns back in 97. We did a lot of aerobatics and then flew over the reef! It was a surprise birthday treat from my wife. I captured it all on video... One day I'll dig out the tape and put it on YouTube
What a cool gift!!! Dave, dig out that tape while it’s readable! :)

Profile Quote
CSA007
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:26 pm

sbsim wrote:
Sorry, no more easter eggs at the moment :)

Ralf, my 139 passengers are at the mercy of your SID Preset! If I get one of your very hight-speed approaches in Cairns, it'll be a test! In case I don't survive, take care of this forum, please :D

Roman
What about just to replace some numbers in Ralf's presets? :lol:

Some info about ATC Speed Instructions: http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Unst ... structions

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3 - Randomizer” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: