Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Randomizer 3

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
sbsim
Post subject: Randomizer 3
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:54 pm

[ img ]

Hi All,

This place has been quiet for a while, thus, I'd like to share the news that Randomizer 3 will soon replace the old version.

Main new features:

• User interface – now you can easily select the presets and set the core parameters. Extensive INI adjustments are still available.
  • Gates management and randomization (integrated with the PF3's gates system).
  • Improved management of presets and procedures. Randomization is now completely optional and the program can be used "just" as a storage of procedures for their quick selection.
  • "RUNS" – Randomizer Unified Naming System for departure/arrival instructions.
  • The system of variables improved and extended.
  • MCE support – randomization of co-pilots (with the possibility to define a corresponding PF3 pilot voice), awareness of procedures, instructions, and gates (you can ask your FO about them, anytime).
  • File randomization – a strong tool for advanced users that enables to randomize any file (i.e. select the file from a pool of alternatives). Can be used for randomization of textures (e.g. Soft Clouds), sounds, aircraft settings, MCE voice scripts, etc.

Any comments, questions or requests are welcome! ;)

I would like to thank Ralf for the motivation, the extensive beta testing and many smart ideas!

Roman

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Randomizer 3
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 am

sbsim wrote: *  Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:54 pm
Any comments, questions or requests are welcome! ;)
Sounds great!

In the screenshot I assume that you allow storing multiple call signs. Please allow storing the heavy-or-not checkbox, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:53 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 am
Sounds great!

In the screenshot I assume that you allow storing multiple call signs. Please allow storing the heavy-or-not checkbox, too.
Thank you, Thomas!

Adding the 'Heavy' checkbox is a good idea, consider it done ;)

Some notes about 'Other PF3 Settings':
  • Call sign is not randomized, the program displays the last used value that can be kept or changed. As I change the call sign before each flight, I wanted to have it here. Also, it eliminates the need to visit PF3 Options, which can reveal some "secret" values, i.e. the name of the MCE co-pilot (can be hidden).
  • Hold % can be, optionally, specified in the preset (a constant value or a variable). In this case the number is orange (like in the screenshot) to indicate that the last used value is overridden.

Roman

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:36 pm

great news. Looking forward to it

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:30 pm

any further news about Randmoizer3?

Thanks
Ash

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Ashun wrote: *  Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:30 pm
any further news about Randmoizer3?

Thanks
Ash
I wanted to test it with the new version of PF3. Everything works perfect and it should be released within 1-2 weeks. I just need to finish the manual, which is rather demanding as there are many new features ;)

Roman

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:58 pm

No more news since beginning of April? :)

Thanks
Sabre

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:03 pm

Thank you for asking, Sabre. If I wanted to risk it, I would say Tuesday, May 9.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3 - Randomizer”
Jump to: