Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Presets to share

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Presets to share
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Thanks for that interesting link.

Actually when I created my presets I had just been flying a fully loaded A321 with Vapp=157 kts. So I considered 190 kts to 4nm should be feasible.
If you fly an aircraft with a lower Vapp you really should adapt these numbers.

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:52 pm

En route to Sydney using [l STAR] Preset, speeds replaced with 'Rigoletto' for some opera feeling :D This is my last Australian flight for Jetstar before moving to Dubai. Will share my Presets from there if proven good ;)

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Generic Presets 1.1 ;)

I've done dozens of flights now using PF3 Randomizer 2 and once more I have to say it is just great. You can even fly the same routes over and over again and every flight is a different experience thanks to the Randomizer.

I made some adjustments to my generic presets on the way. Just in case anyone is interested I am attaching my new file here.

Changes:
1. Some minor adjustments to percentages and constraint values.
2. Added A for altitude, V for speed and D for distance.
The concatenation of all the numbers - including the "2" for "to" - without a letter in between was a little hard to distinguish sometimes.
3. Changed "D2E(xxx)" (=cleared direct to End of SID at altitude (xxx)) to "A(xxx)D2E" (=at altitude (xxx) cleared direct to End of SID).
Seems more logic (first reach the altitude then turn direct to End of SID) and is easier to distinguish in conjunction with the optional speed restriction: A(xxx)D2EV(xxx)2A(xxx).
4. The clearance "at altitude (xxx) cleared direct to End of SID maintain speed (xxx) to altitude (xxx)" always showed the same value for both altitudes.
That was not how I intended it to be. I wasn't aware that the variables are only calculated once per name so there couldn't be two different $h(x,y) variables in one name (it is mentioned in Roman's manual though - so my fault). I worked around this using the $d(x,y) variable now.

Once again thank you Roman for sharing your application!

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
PF3R_genericpresets.zip
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 873 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Thank you Ralf for your great contribution!

The adjustments are clever and I would recommend your presets as a generic standard.

I find myself flying the same route over and over again too :) At the moment, it's Doha - Dubai.

Roman

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3 - Randomizer” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: